LMAO ... the two Leaders of this forum haven't been active in YEARS

mkksemail
mkksemail Posts: 1,661 Member
Methinks this forum is a dud. Guessing no answers to fitbit questions will be found here ....

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,507 Member
    Whatcha got? I'll give it a try.

--Chris
    --inspire 2
  • mkksemail
    Whatcha got? I'll give it a try.

--Chris
    --inspire 2

Thanks, Chris! :smiley:

My Fitbit steps sync with MFP, but my workouts don't. I've googled around and found some comments about folks that manually enter their Fitbit tracked workouts on MFP, and some who don't. I can't seem to figure out what you're supposed to do. Log the workouts here too (boy, sure seems like it would be easy for them to sync workouts! I wonder why they don't ... ), or just let the fitbit calorie adjustment take care of that?

- mk :)
  • mkksemail
    PS - I also have a several week gap in my Fitbit steps. Not sure why they stopped syncing for a few weeks, but they did. Is there a way to manually add your steps?
  • chris_in_cal
    mkksemail wrote: »

My Fitbit steps sync with MFP, but my workouts don't. I've googled around and found some comments about folks that manually enter their Fitbit tracked workouts on MFP, and some who don't. I can't seem to figure out what you're supposed to do.

I think I understand your issue. It might be a weird quirk me and a lot of people have written about. For some it still works as expected and for some it seems broken.

Try this:

Do an activity using your fitbit (whatever: running, swimming, etc)

Then sync your fitbit.

Then go to MFP and refresh that page.

Then go to your MFP food diary. Scroll to the bottom. You might see your activity listed with your food diary, as an activity entry. You might see a second steps entry.

If you see it....they have successfully sync'd

Sometimes after syncing, double checking in the food diary, then on my MFP newsfeed it will report "Chris did X activity for Y minutes etc." Some time it sync'd but does not announce it on my newsfeed.

Mainly you want to ensure the data is ther, mine is, but whether it shows on my newsfeed is a quirk that is unresolved.

If it is in your food diary, and not on your newsfeed, try this.

Click on the activity in your food diary. Edit it (one less minute for the activity, or one more calorie burned, anything..then save it)
    That has it pop up on my newsfeed. Weird.
    You can go edit it again to be accurate if you want.

• mkksemail
    mkksemail wrote: »

My Fitbit steps sync with MFP, but my workouts don't. I've googled around and found some comments about folks that manually enter their Fitbit tracked workouts on MFP, and some who don't. I can't seem to figure out what you're supposed to do.

I think I understand your issue. It might be a weird quirk me and a lot of people have written about. For some it still works as expected and for some it seems broken.

Try this:

Do an activity using your fitbit (whatever: running, swimming, etc)

Then sync your fitbit.

Then go to MFP and refresh that page.

Then go to your MFP food diary. Scroll to the bottom. You might see your activity listed with your food diary, as an activity entry. You might see a second steps entry.

If you see it....they have successfully sync'd

Sometimes after syncing, double checking in the food diary, then on my MFP newsfeed it will report "Chris did X activity for Y minutes etc." Some time it sync'd but does not announce it on my newsfeed.

Mainly you want to ensure the data is ther, mine is, but whether it shows on my newsfeed is a quirk that is unresolved.

If it is in your food diary, and not on your newsfeed, try this.

Click on the activity in your food diary. Edit it (one less minute for the activity, or one more calorie burned, anything..then save it)
    That has it pop up on my newsfeed. Weird.
    You can go edit it again to be accurate if you want.

TY for your time, @chris_in_cal . I appreciate it :)
    I've never seen a second steps entry, or an exercise entry in my Food Diary - only my steps. My Fitbit is successfully syncing, b/c step counts update, but exercise workouts never sync, whether auto-tracked on Fitbit, or manually entered on Fitbit. If I scroll thru my Exercise Diary on the full site, nothing shows other than a Fitbit calorie adjustment. I use a Fitbit Sense, if that matters.

- mk :)
  • chris_in_cal
    I disconnected my fitbit from MFP a few months ago. Today as an experiment and to try to replicate what you are going through I reconnected it.

I clicked "primary step tracker" and "enable negative calories" and "full sync of everything"

Right now my Fitbit steps and calorie adjustments show up, like you. But I started a "Fitbit Run" activity and moved around a bunch then stopped it. I sync'd, and the new ":02 min run activity" is not showing up on MFP.

At the moment I having the same issue you are. I'll give it a half day to figure itself out then come back here. Let me know if you have success.

BTW: Fitbit should send over activities, it has in the past. I've been using my Garmin for activities and that does currently sync over both steps and activities (as of yesterday: Steps and a short bike ride from my Garmin are in MFP)
  • mkksemail
    I disconnected my fitbit from MFP a few months ago. Today as an experiment and to try to replicate what you are going through I reconnected it.

I clicked "primary step tracker" and "enable negative calories" and "full sync of everything"

Right now my Fitbit steps and calorie adjustments show up, like you. But I started a "Fitbit Run" activity and moved around a bunch then stopped it. I sync'd, and the new ":02 min run activity" is not showing up on MFP.

At the moment I having the same issue you are. I'll give it a half day to figure itself out then come back here. Let me know if you have success.

BTW: Fitbit should send over activities, it has in the past. I've been using my Garmin for activities and that does currently sync over both steps and activities (as of yesterday: Steps and a short bike ride from my Garmin are in MFP)

Thanks, Chris!
    No changes on my end, but I'll update if it changes :)
    @chris_in_cal