Friday cuppa joe 7/28/2023

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." ~ Woodrow Wilson

Replies

• kgmoody
    Options
    Good morning

I tried several times yesterday to
    Log on. No luck

Steph. What’s a seed bomb?

Dave, I’ll take your weather. Heat index here is over 100. Mary, sounds like we’ve got about the same hot weather. I’ll be in the pool later
    I agree with Lou, I need sone shade. I hate to just scorch in the sun.

Waiting on Lee and news.

The cruise sounds awesome.
    Nice of you to surprise a friend for his big 5-0
    Brewery later.

Plans this weekend? We have a 2 yr old birthday party to go to on Saturday that dh is complaining about and a block party. HENRY’s birthday is Sunday. He will be 5!!!

• kgmoody
    Options
    Prayers for Cecelia’s mom.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I agree with DH, Kelly. Children's birthday parties are torture. Pretty sure the concept is explored in Dantes Inferno.

Hopefully it'll be a quiet weekend for me after this past week. Although I can already see myself feeling bored if I don't pack the calendar in some way.

Cecilia's mom starts chemo today. They had the call wirh the Oncology nurse yesterday and she reset expectations about side effects, etc. In the meeting last week, the Oncologist glossed over that part. I knew they seemed too chipper when I talked to Cecilia after that appointment a week ago.

Anyway, please keep her in your thoughts today.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good to see Kelly!

Severe weather around 5pm predicted here with heat index to 90's+

We should be long gone headed north by then. Dh wanted to stay home this weekend. I want to head to lake. Sat/Sun are looking like perfect summer days there. And no guests coming, just us 2. Maybe we'll hang out with our full time neighbor friends, give some boat rides, since they have a
    small fishing boat only.

Calling Grampa Lee!! Any News?

I was gifted 2 garden fresh zucchini. Any favorite recipes from any of you are appreciated!

Happy Friday !
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Afternoon BBB (it's 2:24 pm here)

No baby yet. Officially 6 days overdue
    OB doc say she wants DDIL to go 10 days post due date before inducing.
    Cool and a bit rainy here.
    Walking around old Ansbach while M shops. Meeting DS and DDIL in a bit for some walking around.
    Seed bombs are dried bits of mud with seeds (usually wildflowers) mixed into the mud nugget.
    Prayers for Cecelia's mom.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Southern German cities are all good for walking, in my experience. Enjoy it, Lee, while you get over the jet lag and wait for your grandson.

Prayers for Cecelia's mom, and for Cecelia.

Turned the three legs for the stool I am making for DGD's 10th birthday. Next up are the stretchers that brace the legs.

Still trying to get the contractor to do the final touchup painting on our house. I could do it myself, but there is a principle involved.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Yup the seed bomb were native, hand harvested seeds, soil mixture and clay. After removing invasive plants near the trails in the county parks they dispurse the seed bombs full of native plants. Helps with stabilization and fire prevention. The bombs are more resistant to animals and drought than just spreading seeds.

We ran out of clay before we ran out of seeds so are invited to go back next week to make more.

It's a bit cooler 105 vs 115 after the rains. It doesn't sound like a lot but it is really noticeable.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I said a prayer for Cecilia, her DM and family. Hopefully she won't have any nasty side effects but it does the job it is intended to do.
    • Ansbach is a 150km frrom where I was born, Ascaffenburg. Enjoy your visit Lee and welcome the new grandson into the family.
    • Good to see Kelly start us off. Do they have beer at kids birthday parties?
    • Enjoy the quiet lake weekend Mary.
    • Does anyone know where to send Skip's bail money?
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Something for you new grandparents and dog lovers to consider...

svdyb62teyum.png
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Development comparison is so true.
    Prayers for Cecelia's mom, and family.
    Did Stella make it home?
    Carried Toad in this morning for a factory recall, told me would only take an hour; they will try and have it ready by six this afternoon.
    It would take a lot of beer to tolerate a child's birthday party, I mean close to drunken.
    Continues HOT and HUMID already 92.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    What a bunch of grumps.

My DGD's 10th birthday party is in a couple weeks. They expect 36 guests - 15 of them kids. I am looking forward to it. My grandkids are really nice and so are their friends. My DS and DDIL are very smart, very interesting people, and their friends are, too. I get to be the old guy who drifts around passing out wisdom. It will be a fun afternoon.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    I like kid parties too.

At least well behaved kids, which thankfully most kids in my life are.