Leslie Sansone August 2023 Walk and Workout Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

The August Walk and Workout Challenge is starting today, so now is the time to be thinking about our new personal monthly challenge goals! Walking or any kind of workouts all count!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, or streaming walks and workouts, continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors in the heat, and for some of us that definitely means triple digit heat this summer B) .

Also, because it is summer, walking or hiking outdoors just might be a pleasant alternative to the indoor activities for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors, especially if you have the opportunity to do so during the cooler part of the early morning or later in the evening, or perhaps live in a more temperate area or state.

Of course, the higher temperatures can certainly make streaming workouts or using Walk at Home DVDS inside with the AC on much more desirable!
We are so blessed that we have streaming services /channels like YouTube or subscriptions to give us a wide variety of walks/ or other workouts available to us!!. These options afford us the opportunities that are way beyond what our collections of Leslie DVDS used to be. Although they still remain among our very favorites, indeed!

This group is open to any and all walkers. Many of us use Leslie Sansone as well as other favorite instructor's walking or other workouts such as Jessica Smith, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, or indoors on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps, or minutes.

However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Also whenever you are posting what you have accomplished please remember to also share any strength training πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ or other types of workouts πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ that you are doing. We all benefit greatly by learning from one another and getting new ideas.

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

The goals πŸ‘ŸπŸ“… that you choose are your own personal goals for this month.

If you find this group in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you hope to accomplish during the remaining days of this month. It is never too late to join in :) , you are always welcome!

The important thing is to get, or stay healthy, and active, whether you are here often or for a quick check in, or visiting and checking out your options.

I know that we are always excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are certainly always awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

I posted this last month, but for anyone new or any of our previous walking buddies who come back for a visit or to stay, I wanted to re-post this:

"πŸ€”β“Our group has been around since late 2011, but for some reason has dwindled radically over time recently. Which might have been expected, possibly, with the health challenges of recent years and whatever else has been going on personally for many members during these challenging times. Perhaps other reasons that I'm not aware of, or there are other options similar to MFP now on the internet."

However, if you find us please feel free to join in and see if this might be a good fit for
you. Feel free to look πŸ‘€ through past monthly challenges to get any ideas if you wish to.

And now... For those joining in this month... lace up those walking shoes πŸ‘Ÿ and get our water πŸ₯€... and walk, walk, walk into hot, sunny days of August 🌹🌷 !

texasgardnr πŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    August Goals

Miles tracked: 80
    Apple Watch Challenge: Close my exercise Ring 7x this month.

I'm hoping to walk a mile each morning this week at the park just down the street. It would be nice if I could keep that momentum through the month somehow.
    I'm also working on getting enough protein in my diet. Between MFP & Crono I figure I need around 80 grams a day. Also, working on bypassing the evil drive-thru.

@texasgardnr I'm glad to read that the covid fog is really starting to lift. As far as Post-it notes. I have them all over. I even have a program on my computer called Stickies. 😁 I've realized the older I get the more I have to write things down in a list.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @Deeder522 thanks for the encouraging comments... especially the Post-it notes one πŸ˜…πŸ’–πŸŒ·.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    August Goals

Miles tracked: 23 / 80
    Apple Watch Challenge: Close my exercise Ring 7x this month.βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…

A strong start to the month for me. I was able to walk at least 1 mile each day so far and if the weather holds out I may be able to continue.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    August Goals

Miles tracked:47 / 80
    Apple Watch Challenge: Close my exercise Ring 7x this month.βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…

So far I haven't missed my 1 mile a day journey. I got lucky with some breaks in the rain long enough to get the walk in.

I recently started ready the book "Liquids Until Lunch". So I'm, sort of, doing that most days but I am finding it a struggle to get all my nutritional intake in a shorter window of time. Mainly because I feel like I'm on the go most days. We'll see how I feel in the next week or two.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    August Goals

Miles tracked:74 / 80
    Apple Watch Challenge: Close my exercise Ring 7x this month.βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…

My 1 mile outside walk streak continues!πŸ’ͺ

The liquids to lunch I've broke only 2-3 times. Protein is still a struggle for me to get especially when you can't have dairy. I've played around and found that I can have a very limited amount of cheese. We're talking like 1 TBSP of cheese on a salad and maybe a slice of pizza but that's pushing it. πŸ™‚

Hard to believe we're in late August now. The local schools started already and the College are moving students in this week. I got most of my groceries now to avoid to the influx of students and parents for the next several days.

• Deeder522
    Options
    August Goals

Miles tracked:95 / 80
    Bonus Challenge: Nation Parks Challenge: Do 1 outside workout of 20 minutes or more. βœ…

Well, here we are in the final days of August. My 1-mile outdoor walks continue and the weather will allow me to finish the month too.
    I'm on the hunt for new walking shoes. I must have gotten my current pair ( Saucony ) back in 2018 or 2019. I've used them for mainly outside walks and hikes. A downside to having wide feet is very few places stock those sizes. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ It looks like I'm trying to order through Amazon's Try Before You Buy program for new ones.

Hopefully, your month has been as productive as mine. 😁
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @Deeder522 Does 'Liquids Until Lunch' permit using smoothies or blended soups to meet your morning nutrition needs, or only non calorie liquids like coffee/tea or water? I'm just curious about what your options are in the morning.

I do hope that you are successful in finding the perfect pair of new walking shoes soon.

That's excellent work closing your exercise Ring 7x this month🌟 and also doing the Nation Parks Challenge! It was good to read that you did 1mile outdoor walks this month also!

I managed only one outdoor walk on the first day of this month because of how hot this month has been. We are projected to continue our 100+ degree weather for at least the next 10 days in September. I only had one day of some rain in August. So I am hoping for some autumn weather someday.

For August I walked indoors on most days, did some extra cleaning days besides the regular house work, as well as several yard/ garden work times in the early morning. My biggest win-win was that I had both the energy and the brain power to put away all of the displaced items from the water leaks (both bathrooms and the pantry). I re-organized the three spaces and decluttered while I was at it! Also I decluttered some additional cabinets in the kitchen as a bonus.

See you in September!

texasgardnr πŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·