Tuesday 8/22/23 Cup of Joe

Options
mcee1
mcee1 Posts: 3,573 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"

Yogi Berra

Replies

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

It was just a quick out and back to catch fish, Lee.

Yesterday was a standard work day - if there are such things in Brazil. Today is my last full day here and I leave tomorrow night.

Did some power shopping to fill half a suitcase with coffee and junk food to take back with me. Also found the elusive microwave cooking cover.

Fun fact - in Brazil, delivery pizza boxes are lined with foil to suck any remaining joy from your pizza crust. br8z9o2opugz.jpg
    wvhm1w6xrvey.jpg
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Way to go Lucy!

Cool day, today, with a chance of showers in the afternoon. Kind of a welcome change after several weeks of hot weather.

Doctor's appointment this morning - neurosurgeon - to discuss the results of the MRI I had three weeks ago. I am hoping for some minimally invasive help for my pain issues.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Yellow looks good on you Lucy.

I think I found Dad and Missy a good flight to NZ. It only has one layover in SF. Cheaper flights exist but either two stops or goes thru Vancouver which as newbie international travelers sounds painful on an already long day. I called my sister he talks to most ( the one that brought them to gulf shoes and Mexico) and she agrees...dad doesn't do well with security so the less he has to deal with them them better. If they balk at the price, $2600 vs $1900 I think us kids should make it a wedding present.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,976 Member
    Options
    GM!
    • Celebrating DW birthday here on the sunny Marco Island beaches. Sadly, food poisoning has plagued us all night - but some pepto and tea and we are beach bound soon!
    • Great pic of the ribbon winner, Lee!
    • Good luck at Neuro, SGM! My appt is another full month away. Ugh
    • Safe trek home, Lou!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends
    • I started my day with my Emmaus Reunion Group.
    • WTG Lucy! 🦴
    • Happy Birthday to Ms. Carrie.
    • Good luck with the Doc today Dave.
    • That was a short trip Lou. I hope Cecilia's Mom is doing well.
    • Church Council meeting this afternoon. There is a lot going on in the life of our church.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Awoke to a warm house, after checking breakers, checking unit and compressor I have called heating and air company; suppose to be here between 1 and 5 this afternoon; we still have original unit from when house was built in 2005. We are under major heat advisor all week.
    Our church has placed a contract on a 15 acre tract that has two buildings on it, first small building will be fixed up for youth.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carrie!!!
    Congrats Lucy
    Hope doctors appointment goes good Dave, and you find immediate relief.
    I understand dad's issue with customs Steph, Joanne hates having to go through customs.