SEPTEMBER 2023 Move Your @$$ Challenge

Options
JTH11706
JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
edited October 2023 in Social Groups
Okay @$$ movers, here's the new thread for the SEPTEMBER 2023 Move Your @$$ Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

We welcome all newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @$$ starting on the first day of the month.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (or kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any previous month's miles here. We will continue updating the previous month's spreadsheet using the old thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of the new and current month. Please add only your current month's goals/miles to this thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :lol:

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.....but typically a day or so. Don't hold us too tightly to that though. :grin:

https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg
powvy5ayevq2.png

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to either www.tickerfactory.com and create a Fitness ticker. Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Janet and Dave

Replies

• JTH11706
    Options
    I'm in for 50. Won't get any miles for a week because I'll be off fishing with my husband again, but I should be able to manage it. Have a great month everyone!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 400. I've got a back to back century rides but travel will kill a lot of time.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    In for 75 again! B)

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Dave
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    30 miles please
  • darkrider42
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Dave
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Please put me down for 250 miles… good luck to everyone…😊
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Lets try for 100 miles again
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,899 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Can you please put me down for 175 miles, RL will definitely effect my exercise this month. If I find it doesn’t I will add more miles to my total. Thanks in advance @darkrider42
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    In for 150 this month. Walking and hiking further and doing a 5k mid month for a gal that died last year of cancer at age 20. She raised 2 mil on her own to cure childhood cancer. Also hoping I can pick up some bike miles finally if my shoulder continues to improve.

Thanks never seems enough to say, Dave and Janet, but I do really appreciate both of you keeping this going. I guess it’s a little easier with so few.Hard to believe that at here once was so many on here,

exercise.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 95, please!
  • darkrider42
    edited September 2023
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Give a round of applause for @ANACONDA469 & KARID1114 for making AUGUST 2023 GOAL!! :star:

@CLEPANT - Thank you! It is a whole lot easier now with this size group, but another HUGE help was some of the code that @JANET put in to automate a couple of really time-consuming tasks that we had to do on the daily! That spurred me on to look at more ways to automate things like the month-end turnover and a couple of other things. I actually think we could handle a much larger group now with very little more effort!

SOOO.....and I say this to ALL of you.....feel free to go forth and invite all of your friends to join in on the fun and support! :smiley::sunglasses:

Good luck to you all in September! :sunglasses:

Dave
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    9/01
    12.22 miles
    12.22 miles MTD
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 100 miles in September
    exercise.png
    Hope everyone has a good month.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dave and Janet for everything you two do for us.
    Chris
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Dave: so glad both of you found ways to streamline this process.
    Aug.1: 7.5 miles walking
    TTD: 7.5 miles
    exercise.png
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    Put me in for 100! Thank you for all that you guys do!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 14 miles for 14 miles out of 400.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dave and Janet for keeping this group going! Pleased you've been able to make some of it easier
    Please put me down for a hopeful 120kms
    1 Sept 3.59km
    MTD 3.59/120kms
  • JTH11706
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Congrats to @Leanz on making her August goal!
This discussion has been closed.