Friday 9/8/2023 cup of joe

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Good morning BBB! As you sip your favorite morning brew and let its warmth embrace you, settle in, for it's time to gather and unite for our morning roll call!

"Just as a dog finds joy in the simplest of moments, may we seek happiness in every fleeting second." 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• kgmoody
    Options
    Good morning and TGIF!!! What a busy and profitable week

We’re having a big cool down this weekend thru next week. We will try to get into the pool at least once more before we close it. And the last two weeks it’s been a real scorcher.

Headed to Wisconsin tomorrow morning early early with my mom so she can finally see ds1’s apartment and life. We will come back Sunday morning early afternoon.

Have an awesome day.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • TY for kicking us off, Ms. Moody! Have a great trek w/ DM and visit with DS!
    • VA exam appt today. Yesterday was less than fun - 4 facet injections to spine. UGH! Didn't sleep well last night. SORE!
    • Heading to ye old ball park tonight to watch Nats v. Dodgers. Only two outings left the remainder of the season. Taking my FedEx pilot neighbor. He's a riot. Should be fun night.
    • DW off to PA with DMIL for her class reunion. Gone though Sunday. Tucker and I will bach it, I guess!

Have a super TGIF day!
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

A weekend of the pool, football and beer, Skip? Nice.

They're teasing us that we may drop out of the 100's next week and may even get rain. We need it. All boat docks on Lake Travis have been closed because water levels are too low now in this drought. And I'm kind of tired if 86° water coming from the cold tap. On the plus side though, we don't close pools this far south, Kelly.

Step count is still in the toilet this month thanks to the heat. I have a perfectly good gym membership that I could use, but that would involve looking the part instead if just using the treadmill in work clothes.

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Profitable weeks, those are always good.
    • Behave yourself Skip.
    • May it rain in TX.
    • Lunch ride to Washington, GA on tap for today.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We are riding 30 miles to Scottsdale to meet a couple of other nomads that are in the area for brunch. We will uber home as it will likely be 110 by the time we are finished.

Made black bean soup yesterday so lunch is ready if the brunch menu is lacking in vegan items. We are going to the same brewery we have been to a couple of other times but I never paid attention to the menu and the online version doesn't look too promising but I think they have several daily specials too.

Our pool is down to 84 from 89. Ron thinks it's too cold but I'm still happy to float around for a bit.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB

Safe travels Kelly and DM, cooler here to finally. Suppose to be a great weekend weather wise.

Have fun at game Skip, bet ds1 is there as well. His fav pastime...that and golfing.

Lee love the new photo you posted of little Laddie! Any plans for a visit to USA or you back to them? Must be hard with the distance!

Enjoy your brunch meetup Steph. So does the Uber come with bike racks I assume?

Our lake level is way down as well. So much so dh trailered up the boat last Sunday. We may or may not put it back in lake tomorrow, we will see.

Community dead wood pick up by lake town municipality is Oct 1, so dh wants to start to clean up some dead trees on new lot. He will chainsaw, I will drag to roadside. I Should get some exercise in that. Ds2 will come next weekend to help him with the bigger stuff.

We are meeting some lake friends tonight at the lodge for music by DJ Angie. Whom we think is actually from our Homestead area that we have seen here before. We will find out if she indeed is same gal. Lol weird if she is there.

Have a great day BBB

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

I started logging in an hour ago, but Sassy had other plans for me. First, she whined to go outside, then she pushed her way onto my lap. And a 60-pound golden on you lap leaves no room for typing.

Hope the soreness goes away quickly, Skip, and that pain relief follows. I am having one facet joint epidural on the 19th. There are other nerves needing attention, but they said the injection is diagnostic, so they want to limit what they do and observe the results. I think they just want to get more procedures, so they make more money. As long as they are competent, I am ok with them being money-grubbing. I'm not paying, Medicare is, with my military coverage taking care of any co-pays.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    I would’ve thought that the injections were to alleviate pain, not cause it.

Lou, I get around 10-12k steps each day

Steph. Did you go to the museum in Scottsdale to look at frozen heads? You know, Ted Williams????