What's Your Weight Loss Motto?

Options
cc11395
cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
Hi All!

I saw this quote on l0sing_it 's ticker:

"I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I'm done."

I love this quote!! It made me think of being at the gym this weekend with my DH. He said, "that commercial was good for me!" Of course, I asked what on earth he was talking about...

There is a Gatorade commercial and the featured guy is working out and getting ready for a game and keeps saying, "One More." He even has it written in tape letters above the weight bench. One More!

So, what keeps you doing the "and then some?" What's the quote that gets you fired up, that pushes you beyond where you thought possible, that gives you the energy to cross the finish line?

I am a firm believer that what you think about you bring about. What are you telling yourself?

Maybe it's time you had a heart to heart conversation with yourself. Remind you that you are worth it. Remind you of all that you are fighting for. Tell yourself that it's not enough to do, it's time to break through!

Your quote doesn't have to be the next Pulitzer Prize Winner for Literacy, it doesn't need fancy words, or eloquent prose, it doesn't have to resonate with anyone but YOU!

If you're up for sharing, we'd love to know what you're telling YOU!

CC

Replies

• brandil74
    brandil74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have a few but my favorites are "a year from now you'll wish you had started today" and "Do it for the "Holy crap! you got hot!""
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm worth it.

That's what I remind myself when I just don't feel like it or when I would rather just give in to food. I am worth putting an effort into how I treat my body. I'm worth it. I am worth it.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Everything is hard. Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose the hard that gets you where you want to be.
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Train like a beast and look like a lady
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Every day is a training day.

I tell myself this every morning when I wake up. It serves to hold me accountable for the lifestyle of bettering myself that I am embracing. Fitness is only one aspect of that lifestyle. Looking back at my successes and struggles over the years, I realize that the times when I have not heeded this tenet are the times when I have floundered.
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hmmm there are a lot of mottos I have (is that weird LOL). But here are a few of my faves

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

Those who wish to sing, always find a song.

:wink:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Oh i have a group of maxims i go by for both motivation and for why I am in a group sharing my personal life which is very hard for me!

Self help comes from helping others
    Focus on today
    Set goals for tomorrow
    Change is the only certainty
    You get back what you put in
    You alone must do it, but you can't do it alone
    Fake it till you make it
    We must be open to challenge

I believe very strongly I the first! That is why I am here :)
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My motto is "I'm too young to need a walker!" It comes from this spring when I was so sore I could hardly walk from my desk to the office door without being in terrible pain, and I realized I'd either have to get a walker or lose weight. I'm only 34, I am too young to need a walker! It was a huge wake-up call. 31 lbs later and my knees don't feel like they are going to give out every time I move, so that's a start!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I've never really given this any thought. Don't have a motto - perhaps I should! I do love CCs post mentioning the 'one more' part. I feel that's how I try to be at the gym. And now that I've read this I'll make sure to remind myself of it every time, so thanks :D
  • dward59
    Options
    Hmm, I've never really given this any thought. Don't have a motto - perhaps I should! I do love CCs post mentioning the 'one more' part. I feel that's how I try to be at the gym. And now that I've read this I'll make sure to remind myself of it every time, so thanks :D

Pidge, I thought for sure yours would be,"Fat, prepare to fly the coop!"

:glasses:
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hahaha awww it totally is now!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    No chips! No crisps! No burgers!

If I keep repeating the words while grocery shopping, my basket fills up with fresh fruit, veggies, and unprocessed meat.

The original context of my motto is here at about 2:42ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR6e6ATFDn8
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Everything is hard. Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose the hard that gets you where you want to be.

^^^^ I am loving THIS ^^^
  • mdgivens
    Options

If I keep repeating the words while grocery shopping, my basket fills up with fresh fruit, veggies, and unprocessed meat.

Watched the vid. Cleaning water off of my screen now. Thanks, Mark!
  • dward59
    Options

Givens, you should see a doctor about this water spewing. Sounds dire. <gr> (But, I will watch the video when I get home and have the chance.)
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Thanks for the warning. Watched the video with no drink readily available, just to be safe. It's a good thing, because that had me cracking up!
  • mdgivens
    Options

Givens, you should see a doctor about this water spewing. Sounds dire. <gr> (But, I will watch the video when I get home and have the chance.)

I really should, or just stop drinking when I'm near a computer.
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    There is NOTHING wrong with a good spit take!
  • bird5027
    bird5027 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    These are some of my favorites: "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." "People say motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why it's recommended daily." and "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips!"
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I like to tell myself that "I can do five more minutes" this helps me keep pushing at the gym when I feel like I can't run any longer on the elliptical... Then when I hit my target time for anything, I do five more minutes. That way I am always doing a little more than I thought I could do :)