"Light" weights

Options
MzManiak
MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
Just wanted to put this up here for those ladies who think Stronglifts are not for them if they can't consistently make gains as often as they feel they should. I've been doing SL5x5 for almost 2 months. Top row of the pic is from July 8. Bottom row is September 1st. I'm still only lifting the bar sometimes. :embarassed: Not above 90lbs for any of the exercises yet.... was feeling rather weak and deflated about it all, until my progress pictures. I am still making great progress. (If I do say so myself :wink: )

So, even if you aren't lifting much, I think you should keep at it. As long as it's heavy *for you*, you are where you should be.

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Great googly moogly! What a difference! I love this post!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Heavy for me with OHP is still just the bar (this is my second round of SL5x5--during my first round earlier this year I made it up to 55 lbs).
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    So, even if you aren't lifting much, I think you should keep at it. As long as it's heavy *for you*, you are where you should be.

Qft!
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So grateful you posted this mzmaniak! very encouraging and very helpful too. great work!
  • JustSammi
    Options
    Great! Thanks for this! :happy: I've been feeling a bit deflated because I don't progress that quickly on my lifts, probably because I'm eating at a calorie deficit but I figure it's better than doing nothing.

You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This is great!! I was always worried about my progress... now I see it's not important.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

Are you eating at a deficit? That would explain slow gains...though the way you look I'm not sure I'd care. :laugh:
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    wowzers... look at your back!! fantastic results and QFT that *heavy* is relative to the individual. Can't wait to see your next update =)
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    QFT that *heavy* is relative to the individual. Can't wait to see your next update =)

Truth! In fact, this link made me feel much better. It's a series of charts that calculates gains according to body weight:
    http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Progress is progress and I can see it in those pics.

Most beneficial for those like me who are just starting...

Thanks
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Yep. Heavy means heavy **for you**, not for anyone else. And looking good, lady!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing progress!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm progressing on some lifts and not at all on others, but I do feel like I'm stronger even on my weak lifts now. We'll all get there eventually and at our own paces. Good job!