New to the Community

Options
Hi, I'm Heidi. I'm not new to MFP but realizing I need engagement, support and other people to commiserate with if I'm honest! 😁 I just joined the group and the October challenge and I'm happy to be part of this community. I'm not sure how I got to a point with 100lbs to lose but here I am and committed to eating better across all food groups. Using portion control and calorie counting right now which seems to be working since I like to eat a variety of foods. My goal is to focus on blocks of weight loss & now trying to hit a 20lb drop from current weight which is a 20lb drop from highest weight but it's not steady loss. Up and down, up and down... Thanks for being here and providing support and motivation and tips!!

Replies

• Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Welcome @heididharma61! Sorry it's been so quiet since you joined, not ideal timing haha. This group does usually have lulls in the summer and again at Christmas, but the rest of the time is it (usually) quite an active group ^_^ Great to have to aboard!
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 123 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hello I'm new to the group and also have 100 lbs to lose! I actually lost 130 lbs about 15 years ago but unfortunately I've gained it back so here I am again. 😅 Please feel free to add me to friends because I'm also looking for accountability buddies! 🌟
  • MKWXIII
    MKWXIII Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Heidi, I love to chat and I'm always willing to lend support and encouragement when needed. I am down 120 pounds and looking to lose anywhere from 50-100 more. So I have a while to go still and will be on the app a lot. Feel free to send me a friend request!
    Hope you're doing well, good luck with your goals. ☺
  • bantolik12
    bantolik12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am almost 300 and looking to get below 200. Lost 50 before but it came back +. Definitely looking for chat buddies and encouragement. New to community element here and just getting back on the healthy wagon.
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Welcome aboard @bantolik12 ! It's a good time to join as January gets very busy usually (as you can probably imagine). I'm in a very similar position to you too :) Got to 318, went down to 265, gained back now I'm 285 -_-
  • DelGetStronk
    DelGetStronk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new too!
    I am 315 ish looking to get to 180-160!
    I had gone down to 230 before, but life happened and it crept up on me. I am so excited to be part of a group of people with the same goal!
    Let keep eachother inspired ~♡
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Welcome to the group @DelGetStronk ! It's great to have you here ^_^ Well done on losing so much before! That means you know you can do it again which is great! Looking forward to logging with you in the new year :D