Starting 5x5 SL on Monday

Options
SezxyStef
SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
Yes I am and very excited about it.

I have my home gym almost set. Bench with bar (not olympic) and 200lbs of weight.

My husband is building me a power rack for my birthday...(he is so sweet) and yes I might steal the one on the Behold thread)....nice.

I admit I have been creeping in here for a couple of weeks but didn't say much if anything at all..just read etc.

I had made myself a promise that I would do a 2nd round of 30DS until I did it all non modified well that happened last thursday...on day 8 of level 3 so did the last two days just because.

I look forward to getting to know all of you ladies and taking the journey into strenght with other woman who are on the same journey. I am not new to weights. I am ex military (combat arms in Canada) and did weight training after I left as well. It has been a few years since I picked up a barbell tho.

My goals atm are to lower bf% - currently at appx 26.4% goal is low 20's...
I have weight to go but that to me is going to be a by product of this program
Chin ups...I used to be able to 7 starting straight armed for all of them (military thing)
Bench press my 90lb nephew (cause he said I could never do it)
Show my 19 year old son what his mother used to be like...but better.

I will be changing my MFP goals to TDEE-20% (calcs done using Eat train progress Mods) so I am sure they are correct.

Any suggestions, comments etc are always welcome.

Thanks

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Seven dead-hang chin-ups... amazeballs.

Nephew press should be doable after a few weeks--though the grip might be awkward.

The thing I would recommend is picking up Starting Strength and the Practical Programming book, both by Mark Rippetoe. I knew about SS because it gets mentioned a lot, but I didn't realize how much important and useful information was in PP, as well. Those two books should be in the library of anyone serious about strength and general sports training.