Strategies to manage cfs

Options
Clim60
Clim60 Posts: 6 Member
Hi I have long covid and chronic fatigue with post exertion malaise. Looking for supportive community. I've noticed that trying to lose weight sometimes triggers a fatigue episode. Not sure if it's low calories or imbalance nutrition or just the luck of the draw? I'd love to hear people strategies

Replies

• sanellee
    sanellee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have ME/CFS and my blood sugar will drop really low and sometimes bounce all over the place when I’m trying to lose weight (I don’t have diabetes, I have a continuous glucose monitor for hypoglycaemia I get sometimes, which I assume is related to my ME).
    I’ve just recently decided to try keto because of this. My theory is that my body can’t switch from running mainly on carbs to running on fat very easily and so when it runs out of it’s glucose stores (because of dieting), rather than just burning fat, I get bad crashes. And maybe that’s why it’s so hard to lose weight. Maybe that’s why keto helps some of us? Stops the body from having to switch all the time? I’m not sure but I’m giving it a try