Sunday Cup of Joe - 12/17/23

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,524 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,972 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    GM!

Lots of rain headed our way. Ugh.

Good day to curl up and browse cars online. 🚖

Pablo- Hope he's feeling better.

Getting excited for cruise Dennis?

DML hanging strong.

ByeBye Danno! Commanders finally parting ways with this knucklehead!

Skipper
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Today is moving day. The friends we are staying with have his parents coming for a month or so. We will head to Ron's dad's. He mostly lives with his girlfriend so he offered up his house. Planning to need to buy a few things to make it work for us but thankful to have a furnished place to land.

Doing up the bedding and will clean our room before we go but hoping to head over the bridge before it starts raining again. Headed to St Pete's.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,895 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Spent some more happy time with my chainsaw, yesterday. Then I took a large slab into the shop and rough-turned a platter. It will dry in the loft for a long time - at least a year, maybe two - but it was great to get a first piece on the lathe.

Church this morning, then the final meeting of church elders of my three-year term. My volunteering will be limited to choir and the occasional maintenance job for the foreseeable future. Rita was tired of all the evenings she was left alone as I was at meetings.

Skip, I drove my old Valiant for five years, and sold it for $500 when I enlisted in the Army.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,571 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Fun party last. Out til midnight which doesn't often happen much these days.

Later today, I Will go help ds2 ddil with baby watching, while they and dh move their furniture for the new flooring work starting tomorrow. What a kittenshow this is going to be. But I'm sure great when done...

Good the supplies showed up at Skips!

My first car in 81was a '72 Olds Delta 88 455. Great in the snow!

DH is going to sell his Harley

Be well BBB

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,524 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning BBB Friends.
    • Been churched and I skipped school.
    • Nothing like a 455 V8 for a first car Mary.
    • Anticipation for the cruise is mounting as is the stress of getting everything ready.
    • My Mom used to live in St. Pete after I left for the Air Force. I would visit her there. Right off of US19.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

My first car was.my brother's 76 Chevy Nova. Drove that until the bottom rusted out and my mom wouldn't let me drive it anymore.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,610 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Been churched, mostly music but introduction of new pastor that will start first of year.
    My first car was a 54 Chevrolet 4 door 3 on the tree, $150.00. Ran good provided only put cheapest gas available, used Gulftain at .16 a gallon.
    Prayers continue for DMIL's.