Thursday Cuppa Joe: 12.21.23

DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,301 Member
Good morning BBB! As you sip your favorite morning brew and let its warmth embrace you, settle in, for it's time to gather and unite for our morning roll-call!

".....dear IRS. Remove me from your mailing list!" ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    G'Morning~
    • Have a safe flight and a WONDERFUL 50th Celebration on the High Seas! Hopeful you get to dine with the Ship Captain? Send us pictures!!!! ❤️
    • DBIL up to same old antics. Our Weekend plans disrupted. Somehow I now got duped into two hotel rooms and doing Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve for twice as many people. Good Grief!
    • Surgeons office gave me a shot yesterday to hold off until Doc returns from vacation. I'm sitting here, and it still feels the same as yesterday! ugh. ER visit is likely between now and Jan 3!
    • Lou how goes The Purge?
    • Sam - we have Tucker on "The Farmers Dog" x's 4 months now. He goes bananas for chow time; and his digestion is PERFECT! No more runny $#!%. Its worth trying for Pablo.....Tuck goes for annual checkup and immunizations next week.

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,709 Member
    Good morning

Safe travels Dennis and Kris !

Groceries on my agenda this morning in hopes to miss the rush.

Have a great day BBB!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,859 Member
    edited December 2023
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Preparing for an evening flight. Headed to the airport early as this is supposed to be one of the busiest travel days and my days of knowing my way around the airport are long gone.
    • Finishing up the packing and all those last minute check-list items.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,680 Member
    Good morning.

I'm sorry your back is falling apart again, Skip. Add on a bunch of inbound family and a DW who's hanging on by a thread and I totally get why the Christmas spirit is elusive.

Who filled a dumpster with cräp?

This guy.

Who's totally pimpin' in his mom's fur coat?

This guy, yo.

Who's back hurts like hëll?

Also this guy. 5ffe2a401d2217ce212f6d773968fedc.jpge7bbad0fc9d02c4b32a834800992800f.jpg
  • DocSkippy
    LMAO, Lou! Thats a great look! You need a hat with a feather and a walking stick to complete the ensemble! Trust me, I know fashion!
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Lou I'm sorry you are going through this. Glad you are having some fun too.

I'm supremely thankful my dad recently sold the house and got rid of most everything in his shop. And since he married Missy who is much younger it likely won't be my problem.

FIL on the other had has plenty. I'm guess most of the boxes in the closets here haven't been opened since he moved to Florida in 2019. He did say yesterday that he was going to get rid of 90% of his long pants and sweaters as he almost never wears anything but shorts. He is not letting us pay him rent so maybe he will let me help him sort his stuff while we are here.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,225 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

I am now on the schedule for back surgery on January 17, with a report time of 6 a.m. My DDIL put it on her calendar, as Rita no longer drives. I have an appointment with the doc on Jan. 5 to talk about the specific procedure he is going to do. I can still back out at that time.

The Farmer's Dog ought to be good. If we fed that to Sassy, we'd be spending more for her than we do for us. The perspective of an old guy on a pension. Speaking of which, I have to brave Costco this morning, to pick up a few things for Christmas dinner and next week, when we will be hosting the grandkids at some time. Will also hit the regular grocery, next door to the Warehouse club, where we get milk, half and half, and coffee. I dread the crowds and checkout lines.

We'll be doing that sorting and throwing at my mom's house sometime in the not-too-distant future, I am sure. My sister and I have talked for years about going through the attic there, and never seem to find the time.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,870 Member
    Good Afternoon
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,226 Member
    Wow. Us bbb’ers have bad backs. Why? Because we’re carrying the load!!! I had my back surgery 1 year ago next week. Just so you know, I think I need to
    Go back too.

Have fun on the cruise!!!

We too are going through the Christmas junk of who goes where etc. next year I think we will celebrate the weekend before

• DocSkippy
    SGM - sending you positive thoughts! It was a success for me FOR YEARS! But, age or too many years of bouncing around with an SCBA in the Firehouse, its deteriorated rapidly and required much much more intervention than anticipated. Me Dad, same issues, so perhaps there's an element of heredity too!

MommaMoody - don't recall YOU having back surgery! WHAT?

Sam - hows' the pupper?

Yes, Farmer's Dog is not cheap - $8 average per day - but he's got a gorgeous coat; super digestion; and love love loves the food! In my book - worth it! We were spending $120 a month on his Orijen "fish food" and this is not much more, but much more effective.

Doc Lee - what are your thoughts on this fad: Farmers Dog and all-natural?

DMIL has not had a good day. DW is a mess. Ugh.

Skipper