Not poofing...

kit_katty
kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
So, I met someone online and it wasn't a good fit even though we had a good time and whatnot. It was really really difficult but I sent him a quick note saying just that and wishing him luck. Anyone else find it difficult to not just poof? Especially when the guy is a genuinely nice guy but seems a bit ... puppy like?

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    kit kats and puppies go together tho!!! :laugh:

I'm like you. I can't poof. I send a text/email too, or phone if its after a few dates.

Wish guys would do the same as I hate being left in limbo.....
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    I agree, poofing sucks. At the same time, neither of you owes the other an explanation so early on, so I get why its the easiest option sometimes.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Generally I don't feel bad poofing after the first date -- makes it easier if they don't try to contact me!

If they contact me, or it's been more than one date I usually just say politely I am not interested.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    So, I met someone online and it wasn't a good fit even though we had a good time and whatnot. It was really really difficult but I sent him a quick note saying just that and wishing him luck. Anyone else find it difficult to not just poof? Especially when the guy is a genuinely nice guy but seems a bit ... puppy like?

I think it's sort of immature and disrespectful to poof on someone if you went out with them at least one time. Unless the guy or girl was totally disrespectful or a jerk, then I think everyone deserves at least an explanation especially if they contact you. Or maybe I'm too nice..
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Simply breaks down to different types of people. If your a person who doesn't like to be poof'd you usually don't do it to others. An attitude of someone who wants to understand why, some sort of closure, maybe a little respect. If your a person who doesn't give a rats *kitten* about someone poofing you do the same to others. An attitude of why bother, next.. move along, you don't call me and I won't call you. There is no right or wrong answer, depends on your attitude towards the subject.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    I'm like you. I can't poof. I send a text/email too, or phone if its after a few dates.

Wish guys would do the same as I hate being left in limbo.....
    I think it's sort of immature and disrespectful to poof on someone if you went out with them at least one time. Unless the guy or girl was totally disrespectful or a jerk, then I think everyone deserves at least an explanation especially if they contact you. Or maybe I'm too nice..

THIS and THIS. :drinker:
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Poofy_Hair_by_MagdalenaTR.jpg
    puppy-pics17.jpg
    poof.jpg

Poofing can be fun!