Where is everyone?

Options
Where are all the riders and horse lovers?

Replies

• mgood4x4
    mgood4x4 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @srutter13 - I'm here! Sometimes I think I am the only one, though 😂 It's a real treat to hear from another horse enthusiast. Are you a rider, owner, or both? Please feel free to share your horse & health journey here - I look forward to reading about it 😉

My name is Mitsy L. Good & I have 2 horses...
    Sunny (25 yr 13*3 h Arabian Gelding)
    Slate (21 yr 16*1h TB Gelding)

I ride both in our neighborhood, but Slate is my main mount for trails. I do not compete or ride in public otherwise.

Hope to hear back from you soon 🤗
  • srutter13
    srutter13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a "trail" rider with 6 horses. 1. Poncho 27 year old Overo Paint (heart horse), 2. Dude 17 year old Paint/QH. 3. Tyrion 20 year old Kentucky Mountain Horse, 4. Storm 6 year old Kentucky Mountain Horse (main trail horse right now along with Tyrion), 5. Aspen Tennessee Walking horse (spicy chestnut mare), 6. Raven, 4 year old recently adopted Mustang. Headed to training in 2024.

I try to camp at least once a month and ride at least every weekend... if not daily. No real trails so during the week I ride on my property (only 5 acres) so kind of boring, but at least I am riding.
  • mgood4x4
    Options
    Hello again @srutter13

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!

You mentioned you like to camp at least once a month... Where? I'm in rural Northern Virginia & cannot even imagine camping in the winter months. I'm a sissy when it comes to cold 🥶 And like you, my property is limited for riding, but we do have a few trails through the woods (23 acres total, but only 7 acres cleared). Totally agree - at least you are riding 😎

Sounds like you have quite the herd (couple youngins + seasoned mounts + seniors = NICE!) Do you train also, or will you hire a trainer for your mustang?

Meet Sunny (chestnut) & Slate (dark bay)
    1vj4c9gasczy.jpg
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jeanne and I live in northern NJ by the PA/NY border. I'm a "quasi" dressage rider (I don't do the crazy stuff - LOL) after riding English pleasure/jumping for over 30 years. I do use my Western saddle (with my dressage bridle which everyone laughs at) when it's cold out because I like to think with my quarter sheet and western pad, it keeps my boy's back a little warmer - plus I don't have to put on jods even though I do have fleece lined ones. I like to wear my jeans with a base layer underneath to stay warm. Anyway, I lost my heart horse Dakota (grey) at almost 33. He was a QH/TB cross and the best guy ever. I retired him at 28, but was able to pop one with my bareback pad and his halter and walk around with him until about 31. He was a gentleman to the end. Enter Bowie (meaning fair/blonde). He is a double-registered Paint/Pinto and is a super sweet and very smart boy. We are learning a lot together and having a lot of fun. We do showmanship, liberty and I just started the TRT Method which is also fun. My goal someday with him will be able to ride bareback and bridle-less, but there is definitely no timeframe for that. He's only been under saddle the past 3+ years so I'm taking my time and doing everything with love, patience and trust. I hope more horse people join this group. Happy new year everyone!

5s83dx1hsm24.jpg

whuoq8gp4mbm.jpg

• mgood4x4
    Options
    Hi again,

@jumpthemoon - Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself & horse! It's nice to have names to associate with profile pics. I usually always sign my real name to posts out of habit, but now with this 'electronics world' we live in, everyone has a username or screen name they prefer. I also keep my username the same across most of my online accounts so I'm easier to find. Anyway, its a pleasure to meet you Jeanne & Bowie❣

Unfortunately, this group is still not very active. So today I've decided to try something new - When I FINALLY check here & find a new post in the group (or post myself), I'm going add a comment to my news feed so at least my friends will know there is current activity here. Not sure it will have any effect, but at least its a way for me to do my part 😁

TTYL
    Mitsy