How do you like your salad??! 9/4

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
At work I am known as the salad queen! I 99% of the time make my own. I love the thrill of all the different combos I can make! yesterday I had fresh green beans with tomatoes corn and for protein shrimp and a dressing I made myself! Yummo!

I like this article because for those who don't have time to cook and go out here are some great stats on those deceptively beautiful salads they serve at our fine restaurants! Hey even if you go to a salad bar...try picking the tasty items with less calories or those that are more decadent but nutrient dense! I love avocados!
Happy eating!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/a-healthful-spin-on-salad/2013/08/27/15faa63e-05da-11e3-9259-e2aafe5a5f84_story.html?wpisrc=nl_health

WW

PS: Click on the a recipe and see the pretty Gallery pictures and the recipe follows! Which one will you try?

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I like mine sans dressing often but if dressing than balsamic vinegar or honey mustard. I am not creative though. I should get more creative with the ingredients.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't like salads, but this is a good reminder that I should eat them every so often. I got some great veggies in my Bountiful basket this past week...I'll get them in a bowl and enjoy a salad today (ranch on the side).
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Today was vietnamese chicken, poppy seed dressing on mixed asian greens.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I had broccoli with turkey salad I had so I mixed it together with some raisins for added punch! It was tasty!
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE salads. Today it was very simple with just tomatoes, cucumber and a little ranch.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    In honor of your post and cause it was fast, we had salad tonight. Romaine, home grown tomatos, mini bell peppers, a home grown lemon cucumber, left over roasted chicken, half an avocado and black bean corn salsa. It carried me through the karate and kick boxing class. Here is to salads!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I've been using salsa instead of salad dressing lately. Alot less calories and it tastes great!