xtldvgw1nkxa.jpeg
    ljtuvg0zb01w.jpeg
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 236.2
    CW (Current Weight): 234.6

Surprised with this loss since I'm on TOM, but I'll take it! I did stick true to my calories for MOST of the week, a few slip ups, but the majority was under control more than not. 😁 Hoping for another loss next week!

Way to go @CassieGetsFit2013!! πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Keep up the FANTASTIC job!!
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Surprised with this loss since I'm on TOM, but I'll take it! I did stick true to my calories for MOST of the week, a few slip ups, but the majority was under control more than not. 😁 Hoping for another loss next week!

Yay! πŸ₯³@CassieGetsFit2013! Great loss!
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    A friend and I signed up to run a 5k in April so I’m going to start training with her for that this week.

Going to be using the β€˜5k runner app: couch potato to 5k’ to help me.

I don’t recall a time in my 36 years of life that I have ever run on purpose, so any encouraging words, tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated πŸ˜…
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

7hjlwdkh8snj.png
    guziz2pkkknc.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    z3j6rd9y9fme.png

By Pounds
    9l1px43spzxw.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    sslszm69waym.png

By Pounds
    hmhx12c6a6aj.png
    kjqiarcbrdyq.png

Team Winners
    ln3w2u3paa6o.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options

@CassieGetsFit2013 - Look at you go! Congrats on the progress this week!

andja87 wrote: Β»
    A friend and I signed up to run a 5k in April so I’m going to start training with her for that this week.

Going to be using the β€˜5k runner app: couch potato to 5k’ to help me.

I don’t recall a time in my 36 years of life that I have ever run on purpose, so any encouraging words, tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated πŸ˜…

@andja87 - When it comes to cardio, my biggest pieces of advice will always be to remember to breathe, and to pick a number and count down in your head when times get tough. By this, I mean: say your number is 8. You're starting to breathe heavy, so you count down from 8, whether that be 8 more steps, 8 more seconds, covering 8 more blocks of pavement, etc. At the end of the 8, you can reassess: can you do 8 more? do you need a minute to catch your breath? I've used any number from 2 to 20, and it always helps me get a little further than I originally intended. This strategy helped a ton when I was really getting into cycling.
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Just back from my derby practice weekend with the girl. Managed to get to the hotel gym to get a bunch of steps in on the treadmill. (And, remembered why I hadn’t bought one. Man I DO NOT like those things. Hate the feel of them, but it was nice to be warm.)

f60tkvidl0qj.jpeg
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun 2,497
    Mon 5,913
    Tues 8,487
    Wed 10,450
    Thurs 7,925
    Fri 6,851
    Sat 7,654
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ⬛️ (Sun - Sat)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ–€ (Protein/Fiber)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ–€ (Planned Exercise)
    β€οΈπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ–€ (Steps 5k+)

@andja87 Good luck with the running! I did a Couch to 5k program about a decade ago and couldn’t believe that it actually worked. I found it helped to have a great playlist.

@CassieGetsFit2013 Congrats on your big loss this week!

@Bodytalking and @ljdanny Good luck with the healthy meal planning! I grilled up a bunch of extra chicken tonight to make lunch a little easier this week.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Monday's weigh
    Pw 209.7
    Cw 212.6

Not sure what's going on with weight. I didn't enjoy THAT much cake. My clothes aren't fitting that different. Just annoying to look at. I'm adding daily walking into my routine this week. I walked 3 miles yesterday. I'm going to try pretracking my food this week as I didn't track last week. I'll find time this evening to enter the meals that I picked for the week last night.

I started reading a book on Arthritis since my mother-in-law complains a lot about it. It's very depressing and also encouraging me even more that developing long lasting habits this year needs to happen.

I haven't caught up on everyone's posts this past week and will check out the article posted.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott please change my average steps back down to 7000 for the rest of this month and for February. Between the cold/bad weather and the trips I have to take which will involve a lot of meetings and sitting, I’ll have to settle for lower steps temporarily. Thanks!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps Total, 14-20 Jan: 11,514

Better than last week but I didn't do much each day. I had considered going out for a walk at the weekend but it was down to -10Β°C, so I thought it best not to go out in case it made me feel worse again. It looked lovely and sunny though. I did hang out my washing to try freeze drying but it didn't work, lol, just made everything like cardboard and then, once it thawed indoors, it was still wet. It was out for about 22-23 hours. According to all searches on the net, it should have dried well.
    I was back out at work today and got more than half of the above figure, so it's looking promising.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @andja87 I love running! You feel like you might die for the first six weeks then boom. That feeling goes away and feels like therapy that you didn't know you needed. I think initially I walked up hills then started taking small quick steps up them. Your first mile should always be the slowest since it's kind of a warm up. Then the proceeding should be a 5 or 10 seconds faster.
  • BodyTalking
    edited January 23
    Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ Core/Flex/Bal
    πŸ₯΄πŸ§‘βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 6,000+ Steps
    🩷🧑βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 1.5+ ltr water
    🩷🧑βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ Meditate
    πŸ₯΄πŸ§‘βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 6+ hrs Sleep
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, Folks!

Wednesdays tend to be my trickiest day of the week. I've discovered that my coworkers are more likely to suggest going out for lunch on Wednesdays, which is my second challenge of the day (the first being waking up on time to get to the gym when it opens at 5am). On top of that, I meet a friend every Wednesday evening to get tacos - we decided we were going to try every taco place in and around Cleveland and Wednesdays happened to be the day we decided on when we started this process two years ago. And finally, I have a Skype call with my family at 9pm, which can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour and a half.

Managing my energy levels on Wednesdays has always been a balancing act. An early morning wake up, a workout, a long commute, a full workday, another long commute, dinner plans, rushing home to make a late night call... it takes a toll.

Is there a message here? No. I'm just complaining. It's always nice to vent, and venting in here tends to hold me accountable to the things that I can control, so I appreciate having the outlet.

Anyone else need to vent? What's your trickiest day of your week?
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 194lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 191.4 lbs

So glad I have kept with it! Hoping I will be back to my low from last year (186 lbs) in the next few months, then I can focus on continuing fitness and loss. My goal is to hit the 170s by then end of the year. Only 12.4 lbs to go until 179, so aiming to keep with slow steady and maintainable loss. Putting this in writing to hold myself accountable in 2024!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm that's a lot for today!

I'd say Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays can be a bit long for me. I get home about 8pm on Tuesday and have an early morning online lesson on Wednesday (which I managed to oversleep for this morning πŸ₯΄). I often have Wineglish on Wednesday evenings, sometimes Thursdays, although it's relaxing, it can still make for a long day.
  • BodyTalking
    edited January 25
    Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄βšͺβšͺβšͺ Core/Flex/Bal
    πŸ₯΄πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šβšͺβšͺβšͺ 6,000+ Steps
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šβšͺβšͺβšͺ 1.5+ ltr water
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šβšͺβšͺβšͺ Meditate
    πŸ₯΄πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šβšͺβšͺβšͺ 6+ hrs Sleep

I keep thinking I'll do some exercises in the morning, I don't, but tell myself I'll do it in the evening, I don't! πŸ™„
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm All the days, especially the ones where people can't follow basic directions.

Also, this is last call for last week's steps post.
This discussion has been closed.