Saturday Cup of Joe - 12/30/23

Options
DavidKuhnsSr
DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,868 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,868 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Wondering where everyone is. I NEVER start our daily.

Made an appointment with a dog trainer for Sassy. Should have done this two years ago. First session is next Thursday.

Rainy, gloomy day, today. I need to hit Costco, then do some cleaning and organizing in my shop.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Yup. I've got some sort of sickness. I napped for 3 hours yesterday, went to bed early and slept about 11 hours last night. Head feels heavy, etc.

Austin does some sort of countdown/fireworks thing for NYE, but we won't be doing that. We have a dinner reservation at Lonesome Dove - a place I walk past regularly on my lunch hour wanderings. We'll be in and out before the party people head downtown.

And of course, area jerks like shooting off their own fireworks at midnight here, so there will be lots of terrified dogs.

The kitchen is bare, so I imagine that we'll have to go grocery shopping at some point today.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    G'Morn (Afternoon)~
    • Like Lou, I picked up something! 100.3 temp! I think DSIL is spreading her cold through the house! Oh, joy!
    • NYE is dinner out and home early. No interest in being on roads with people.
    • Oy Vay!

skipper
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We did a quick costco run this morning. The closest one to us is always a zoo. We were there at opening and in and out in 20 minutes.

FiL and his girlfriend are coming over today to bring some furniture from her house and take some things from here. I assume he hired movers. I am hoping they are bringing a couch and taking the giant recliner...my feet don't even come close to reaching the ground.

We have no plans to be out tomorrow night. Might walk to the nearest brewery for a flight...it opens at 1pm on Sundays. Plam to be hime by 5 at the latest.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,498 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends from Hilo, Hawaii. The big island. We have some sort of tour lined up. I think our NYE is set. I'm glad Cecilia is home. I can only imagine how Lou feels. The end of the in-law invasion is in sight Skip. Sassy is going to school. I'm sure she'll do well. My condolences on the football game Mary.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,498 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    How long does it take to get 50 old people off a tour bus? Forever.
    osnyj6fhn6ot.jpg
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Happy nye eve

We have a 7pm at Mr. Bs steakhouse tonite, for our first anniversary celebration.

I went to the library this afternoon and got several dvds for the weekend. We won't go anywhere either tomorrow or Monday.

Beautiful people in that Hawaii photo! And a nice waterfall in background too.

Be well BBB!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,632 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Evenin' BBB

Loving the Hawaii vibe and the beautiful couple.
    Hope the virally inflicted feel better soon.
    Am sautéing cabbage and onions to have with roasted pheasant. 6r1ewxdnpowp.jpg
    Yes, that is Woodford's Reserve, Lou.
    DW's birthday is NYE, and we do not stay up late. We'll have an early dinner out.

BBB OP ;-)