steplinn398
steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow" Albert Einstein

Replies

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Hugs Mary. Hope DH recovers quickly.

I like being in a retirement community on NYE. Rumble of fireworks at 12 but nothing very close. If I hadn't been up reading i wouldn't have heard them.

Today going to sarasota to hang with some friends.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2024
    May everyone be heathier, more prosperous, and wise; and be happy with what we have been delt in life for all will evolve?
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Screw Up Dating Your Checks Week!

Boo on the Covid test, Skip! At least you can't blame DSIL for giving you the flu though. 🤷

I wanted to go to sleep when they were done in Times Square, but Cecilia insisted on making sure the year was really over, so we stayed up and watched the Westminster Dog Show Agility Competition on one of the free streaming services. If you find yourself in need of an overdose of cuteness, I absolutely 10/10 recommend it.

We have tickets to see UT play UT-Arlington today. I only recently learned that's a thing, but I guess it is. It's not really in keeping with the prohibition on big entertainment during the mourning period thing, but a friend of Cecilia's invited us and it's been so hard for her to build a friendship circle here, that I don't want her to have to say no to invites on my account because she won't drive down there solo. I'm going to assume that there's got to be loop hole for cupcake games like this.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!

Prayers for Tom !! Mary please keep us posted.

Corned beef and sauerkraut for lunch on rye with Cole slaw and a Reuben dip. Ha. Good Luck come on!!! 🍀
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • 12 hours of sleep does a body good! +COVID for me, DW, DMIL! Ugh!
    • Laying low today and watching football.
    • <<TOM>>!! Mary, sending our thoughts/prayers! Please let us know how he's faring!
    • LMAO, Lou!
    • I reckon NYE on the big boat was a big soiree! When is the return to GA?
    • I bid you adieu 2023! Good Riddance! (until the MFP police pull this down)

h3p6dfzo0g2o.png

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends and Happy New Year!

Wow, Mary, that would be frightening. Prayers for you and Tom.

We stayed up until midnight. Rita opened the shade on a bedroom window so Sassy could watch the neighborhood fireworks. She stood in the window with her head swiveling from side to side and her tail wagging, Sassy not only tolerates fireworks, she loves watching them.

Watching Ducks football, then devoting my day to whatever Rita wants. I do hope UW beats UT.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Happy New Year!

This episode was so weird, but unlikely to ever happen again to him. And no stroke so that is obviously great news. Transient global amnesia TGA is rare. He is fine today. He doesn't remember anything between 11am to 5pm yesterday, during the active episode time, but all else is now back intact in his memory bank. Which is typical for TGA. Thank God. I cant imagine those dealing with other types of amnesia, yikes.

Kudos to the ER team. They had a CT scan result within 20minutes of his arrival to determine no stroke. Then an MRI result, blood work etc. And a diagnosis and discharge all with 3.5 hours on NYE. God is good.

May 2024 bring all good health and happiness!

Thanks for the well wishes!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Happy New Year gang.
    • Very good news for Tom. That had to be scary.
    • Dave must be happy cause Oregon and Bo Nix are having a very good day. You know Bo is an SEC transplant.
    • I feel for you and Carrie Skip, but I really hope DMIL is okay. She has enough battles to fight.
    • We arrive back in San Francisco on Sunday the 7th but won't get home until the 8th.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year BBB!

Prayers for Tom! TGA...very rare.
    Sorry about the COVID.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    SGM - that was a boring game 😗. Bo made quite a statement.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Skip, I found the game to be quite enjoyable. I will never understand why the Ducks got stuck with Liberty.
  • mcee1
    Options
    Bet Lisa's DH is celebrating tonight the Big 10 win!!
  • mcee1
    Options
    Very rare Lee. Everything thing I read i.e. mayoclinic.com and @ others, he had a textbook case.

He's Just fine tonight ! Yay!!!