Strange NSV

Options
I play the piano (badly) every now and then. It helps me relax and release my anger on something that doesn't have feelings - although I expect I might victimize some of the passers-by... Oh well.

I've only been playing for a few years, I have no technique to speak of and my finger muscles are nowhere near strong enough. I think Jillian's planks and weight exercises might've pulled a small miracle because I went to play today and I was hammering those keys! I couldn't believe just how agile I was.

I know "finger muscle strength" is not something particularly useful but it was still a pleasant surprise!

Replies

• nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Oh oh here's another one... This one is embarrassing...

I was just sprinting up the stairs at work and my panties fell down to my knees. ..

Luckily there was no one around to see as that could have easily been the most embarrassing moment of my life so far. But on the bright side it's definitely time to get smaller underwear! Yay!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    What exactly does NSV stand for? I get it is some kind of unexpected result but I have seen it a few times on this site and have no idea what is stands for.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    it means none scale victory. thats a wonderful though slightly weird thing. i think you need to go out and buy some new underwear.

CONGRATULATIONS
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    New underwear!!!! I like new panties and was thrilled when I could buy from Victorias Secret. LOL it's those small things you don't think of until it happens...... Then it's like CRAP this is new! Way to go!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Haha, how does that even happen?? Anyways, congrats on your need to buy some smaller panties.

I have a NSV too that's kind of odd. My legs are hard now and so when I bring my foot up to the shower wall to shave my leg, its really hard since I'm using those muscles. Anyways, when I went to slather on the shaving cream my legs were like rocks and I was like, what? What is that? Are these my legs? haha..I just kind of stood there like a deer in the highlights, completely baffled at the fact that this stone hard leg...was mine!

Also, yesterday I was craving a twix bar (it's my shark week) and so I told myself that I would eat it after I did the shred. Did the shred, had my candy bar and I almost didn't finish it. I didn't really want it! After I was done, I thought to myself, "damn, I wish I'd of grabbed another orange instead" LOL. How crazy is that?

And one more that my daughter pointed out to my yesterday. In the last strength circuit of the shred (lvl 2) where you have to hold up your leg and kick it out as you raise the weights. I'm a lot more balanced. As my little one put it, you're not falling over as much mom.

I'm proud of me, you should be proud of you and any tiny steps we take in the right direction should be celebrated!!
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of me, you should be proud of you and any tiny steps we take in the right direction should be celebrated!!

So true!