Options
abibo1
abibo1 Posts: 22 Member
Weight and any struggles

Replies

• abibo1
    abibo1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Come on group. How are you going since the first of the year? What are you doing to lose weight?
  • Jovanica
    Jovanica Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Catching up on posts here, so sorry for the late entry, but on the 6th I was down 5lbs (down to 256). The thing I think I struggle with the most is getting ready for those huge numbers from initial weight loss to go down. When that happens I get discouraged, but I'm telling myself this time around to pace myself and that a loss is a loss.
  • pammyNNP
    pammyNNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Jovanica wrote: »
    Catching up on posts here, so sorry for the late entry, but on the 6th I was down 5lbs (down to 256). The thing I think I struggle with the most is getting ready for those huge numbers from initial weight loss to go down. When that happens I get discouraged, but I'm telling myself this time around to pace myself and that a loss is a loss.

Wow! Great job! Those big drops in the beginning are always motivating for sure. What helps me is to take measurements and pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. Sometimes your body is changing even though the scale isnt moving. It is hard, but I try not to get too discouraged even the days I see a small increase. It happens. Joining some challenges here in MFP helps to keep me accountable and motivated.

I will be going on vacation later this month and while I am looking forward to it...it is making me a little nervous because I am most likely going to have a gain while gone.