Sunday Cup of Joe - 1/14/2024

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,500 Member
edited January 14 in Social Groups
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra

Replies

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We need to check out of our airbnb by 11. Going to go to a few open houses nearby even though we don't really think this is the right area for us. Will take the long way back to clearwater.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,522 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

My only accomplishment was a 2 hour nap yesterday.

The cold arrived here overnight. I sent out the annual missive to my coworkers last night reminding them that they're I'll-equipped Southerners who need to invest in hard plastic ice scrapers and raise their wipers for the ice that's inbound.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,947 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Tucker and I are enjoying a lazy morning. SBUX and a pup cup.
    • Not much of a game last night. Went to bed at halftime of the Chiefs.
    • Waiting for Cakebread shipment that is out for delivery and requires signature. Woo Hoo!
    • Lazy day ahead.

skipper
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,563 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Not much planned for today. The temps dropped. But the sun is bright and shining into the windows, so there that.

Let's see if the Packers can get a win in Dallas. Should've been playing at Lambeau and be another ice bowl.

Maybe you'll find a nice home Steph. The market here is still crazy in the good areas. Multiple bidders and too high prices....hope you guys find a good one.

Have a good Sunday BBB

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,870 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Would have liked to watch last night's game but don't have Peacock. What a travesty!

It's 15 degrees in Tumwater. That's too cold for this old guy, though I used to enjoy outdoor time at 40 below zero.

Hope to get in some shop time, today. Don't care about either of the games. I'll pull for the Packers I guess, because they're playing Dallas, and I always root for whoever is playing Dallas.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    Afternoon,
    Been churched, church keeps growing; 385 last week near 400 this week.
    Balance of day will be a lazy day.
    DD took DMIL with her last night so do not have to worry about visiting her this week.
    Housing around here has slowed down mainly because of interest rates, realtors saying expect about four to six months for homes to sale. Part of issue is folks kept increasing listing price, one house in neighborhood listed July of '22 still on market but sellers had raised listing by over 100K during past year and half. Now list price is scaring off buyers.
  • lowbar31
    Options
    Good Sunday afternoon BBB Friends.
    • I got up early to run the TV cameras at church. That didn't go so well. The software runs on an old computer that can't keep up. Hopefully a new one will show up this week.
    • I wanted to watch the football game last night, but the NFL decided not to broadcast it but instead put it on a streaming network no one (almost) has. I went to bed early so that worked out.
    • Lots a good place to live in Florida Steph but the definition of 'good' varies with the individual. I would be looking for small towns, probably without a Costco. The panhandle and the St. Augustine area are also high on my list.
    • How's the kitty doing?
  • lowbar31
    edited January 15
    Options
    They are happy in Milwaukee because the Packers won. They're happy in Tumwater because the Cowboys lost. I'm happy because 'they' televised the game.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    I’m definitely happy.

What’s a cake bread?
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,947 Member
    Options
    https://www.cakebread.com/2019-vaca-cabernet-sauvignon-napa-valley-1CSC0719.html

Its a new release from Vaca Mountain Region in Napa - haven't tried yet. Everything Cakebread makes from Napa is supreme!