Week 3: Sorry...... Power issues

LordWulfram
LordWulfram Posts: 140 Member
Just getting back online after a power loss due to the weather in my area. Ice today did not help things! I did post one from my walks, I will open the other posting in a few minutes

Replies

• renae149
    renae149 Posts: 444 Member
    Oh no! been wondering about you @LordWulfram !
  • HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 2,611 Member
    @LordWulfram , I suspected the power outages up there may have impacted you. Sorry it's so cold and icy. I feel like I kinda have an unfair advantage stepwise, living down here where ice and snow are never an issue. This Saturday night it is forecast to get down into the upper 30s here and that is a very rare event. I'll have to drag all my herbs and my jalapeno plant into the garage.
  • peoriapole
    peoriapole Posts: 1,799 Member
    MAN...I can't wait for the temps to hit 30's around here. I used to love winter, as I got older not so much. Came out to a dusting of new snow this morning and started cursing, the dog thought I was mad at him.
  • renae149
    @HollyStormCloud can I ask what you do? You posted the other day that you had 20k plus by noon. And we all have the option of the dreaded treadmill, no excuses!😂 But I will say, when it warms up around here, you will be my motivation for sure!!
  • HollyStormCloud
    edited January 19
    @renae149 , I live by myself and have no obligation to a significant other or children so I have plenty of time to just go out and walk. That day I got up and walked a mile to the city trail, walked the trail for 5 miles, walked a mile home, had breakfast, and then went back out for 3 more miles around the local neighborhoods. I can only do that on weekends and holidays. Sometimes I walk to the beach which is about 4.5 miles from home. I wish I had a dreadmill but my house is to small for one. I'd have to put it smack in the middle of the living room floor. I have been a 3 - 5 mile a day walker for a long time, but this challenge (and a couple of others) have motivated me to increase my mileage when I can.
  • renae149
    @HollyStormCloud you're doing great! Back in 2017, I got myself up to 10-12 miles on Saturday and sundays. That is my goals to work up to this summer. I have a 10k planned for May. I would like to be able to jog most of it.
  • HollyStormCloud
    @renae149 , a 10k sounds awesome! I really wish I could run/jog, but my rheumatologist told me it would be unwise for me to do such. I have cartilage loss in both feet/ankles and a wonky right knee. Good luck to you when May rolls around! :)