Wednesday 1/24/2024

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra

Replies

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Yesterday was ds1’s 28th birthday. Wow. We’re taking him and his gf to a steakhouse Friday night an hour and a half away. My mom is coming along.

I joined the challenge Steph.

Super foggy here this am.
    I’ll cbl.

Make it a marvelous day.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Happy Birthday to the young Mr. Moody! Enjoy the steakhouse!
    • Just finished a night at the sleep center. Not much sleep. Sorta creepy place. Oi.
    • Off to meet Neuro surgeon for follow up. Shots are NOT helping.
    • DBIL/DSIL (hopefully) leaving today. Been thankful for their help. But we got this.
    • Long afternoon on Computer catching up on work/school. Ugh.
    • Praying for DB, Dennis.

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

(((Dennis's DB)))

Mary, don't you mean Steph is out of your step league? Steph is a step monster.
    When I do Texas style brisket, I have a homemade sauce on the side, but folks tend to only use it on the baked beans.
    Speaking of sauce, I tried an authentic Argentinian chimichurri sauce for a grilled steak last weekend and it tasted horrible. I was looking for a healthier alternative to herbed butter. I thought I made a mistake in the preparation, but I bought a jarred chimichurri from a gourmet market for a taste test and it was the same. Yuck. Victim of Youtube. Ruined a good steak.
    Mexican. Yum.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Any update on DB, Dennis?

I use the WW app because I was given a lifetime Monthly Pass to WW when I was laid off, so the price is right. Now that I've got cholesterol to worry about though, it's not going to be helpful since it doesn't report macros.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

My favorite restaurant meal in the US is a Latin place in Wichita Kansas that has a plantain chip appetizer with chimichurri and Avocado crema dip. It is amazing.

Mary you would be surprised how little steps we have been getting recently. Ron just isn't up to big walks and I almost never go without him. I'm in another challenge and I'm dead last. Next month I can do a set you own goal challenge if you want.
    Join this challenge https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=Z9398P
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Didn't get time to set my fit bit app up yesterday. I'll try today.

Very foggy here today as well. But temps are going to reach 40. So this snow is going to be melting some.

Hope your bro is doing better each day, Dennis. What city, state, does he live in?

I know you can get macros on a paid mfp membership. I'm paying $10 a month for 12 months, for the basic WW app.

I've picked up some of the sugar free G Hughes sauces. They are just ok.

Be well BBB
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Lou, check out "CRONOMETER" you can get basic free
    I only average a little three miles a day
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

When I first did WW, 14 or 15 years ago, I was a walking maniac. I walked at lunch, then again after I got home. I did a long morning and afternoon walk on weekends. I was averaging more than 60 miles a week. I never got into calculating steps. Then I bought a bike and went nuts on that for a few years, taking 30-40-mile rides five days a week. As I sit here on post-op restrictions, I fanaticize about getting back in that sort of mode. I did walk 1.5 miles yesterday, at a leisurely pace. I hope to get out for 2 miles today, if there is a break in the rain.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I got to sleep in this morning, Yay!
    • DB is still in an induced coma, but he was buttoned back up yesterday and that went well. I believe the plan is to start removing all the life support systems and see how he responds. He lives in Chesapeake, VA but the hospital is in Norfolk.
    • All your prayers are appreciated.
    • Me, I'm getting ready to watch two webinars simultaneously. One is from our financial team and the other is the introduction of the 2024 Harley Davidson line up. Important stuff.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Dennis sounds like dh may sell his ultra glide. And put $ towards utv?