Sat 2.17 cup of strong joe

Options
mcee1
mcee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
Good morning BBB! As you sip your favorite morning brew and let its warmth embrace you, settle in, for it's time to gather and unite for our morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Where is everybody?!

Temps dropped here, for today anyway, and the cold is heading to the northeast. Crazy winter weather for sure this season. Been in the 40's mostly the last couple of weeks. This morning its 10F and below zero with wind chill.

I'm enjoying the fireplace. Hot strong coffee and watching Call of the Wild, starring the big dog Buck and Harrison Ford. What a Sat morning Im having lol.

Then its clean the floors and get groceries. My siblings are coming over tomorrow to see my ds2, ddil and mostly my dgs and for supper too. And to Watch the 500 with dh. They haven't seen the baby in awhile ...

You all have a great day!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,002 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Bed way too late (huge explosion in NOVA home near our old neighborhood).
    • Snow was a big nothing burger!
    • Winery tonight with friends to see a friend of their daughter who is auditioning for American Idol.
    • Dayton 500 looks like it will get rained out tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We are headed to Asheville today. No real plans except hopefully catch a tour of New Brussels brewery (presell tickets are sold out...limited number at opening) and walk around cute neighborhoods. It will be in the mid 30"s so a test to our winter layers.

Rin has been doing great these last couple of days. We hiked to Chimney Rock yesterday. 500 ish stairs plus 3-4 miles of up and down trails.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Huzzah for Ron!

I've been sleeping and/or sitting funny and my back is not happy. I got one of those lumbar pillows to use at work, but I don't think it's much help, so I'll try to find another one this weekend that's a little firmer.

Cecilia spent time at the storage bin yesterday thinning things out, apparently. Apparently some of my stuff has been given away, but she wants to see if I'll notice. So that'll be fun.

Realtor said she'd likely pass on the roof - much to my surprise - because in as as-is sale, she's not confident the money would come back in full since flippers are the likely target.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    edited February 17
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Welcome to the bad back club Lou. Trust me, you didn't want to be here.
    • I spent the whole night in the bed last night. First time in 2 weeks. Back was a little sore this morning but some ibuprofen seems to be doing the trick.
    • I saw the explosion in NOVA on the news. I thought that was close to you Skip.
    • On a positive note, Spring Training is underway. Let there be baseball.
    • Have a good weekend BBB.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Glad your back is doing better, Dennis. Happy to hear Ron is doing better, too.

This is the black hole of sports for me. Football is over and baseball and soccer have yet to start. Basketball and hockey don't move the meter for me. NASCAR is a big meh, too.

I walked a quick 5.2 miles yesterday. That's my longest walk since April, when the pain shooting down both legs got so bad I had to quit. Makes me pretty happy. Looking forward to making it back onto a mountain trail as soon as I am cleared to carry a pack.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    I'm a die-hard baseball fan,
    A fair-weather football fan,
    and I don't care if they ever play
    basketball again.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,141 Member
    Options
    Great news that you’re doing better Dave!!

Looks like good news for Dennis and Ron as well.

The lady didn’t cancel on me today. I got a
    Manicure. #shocked

Tonight is a Valentine’s Day party. We are to take two gifts to swap. I have Godiva chocolates in one bag and pint liquor bottles in another. This party will go until midnight. I’m already tired and it’s only 5:20. Ha.

My friend just left to go back north. 3 hours north. She’ll be back next week. Her dad is going into hospice care. She’s already lost her mom. Just sad.

Well, that was a Debbie downer, let’s all turn that around and have a great night.

Kisses to you all. ( notice… not marvelous day).