Tuesday cup of joe 2/20/2024

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra

Replies

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Wow 2 days starting us off!!

Supposed to have bible study tonight but I haven’t heard the details. Leftovers for dinner anyway.

Going to Chicago Saturday for a live taped Netflix comedy show. Guess who’s in the front row?! Ha. His name is Paul Virzi. We are meeting ds1 and his gf.

Make it a marvelous day.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Last "day off" before returning to the grind tomorrow. Back has had me limited most of the weekend....
    • Not a great Daytona 500 - but a Daytona 500 just the same!
    • Had to Google Paul Virzi.

Cheers,
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

This is the Santa Rita well. It's the first one used in the Permian Basin in west Texas to see if they could pull oil out of the ground. Moved to the edge of the UT campus in 1958 and noticed yesterday on my longer than planned walk during lunch.

29ylfbqtd9ia.jpg
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Sitting in Dr's office waiting to be seen for routine check up. Practicing controlled breathing so my BP won't go wonky from all the coffee I've already consumed.
    Love the historical significance of that well, Lou.
    Thanks for the kickoff, Kelly.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

I seem to be sleeping better lately. Didn't get up until 6:30 this morning. Slept almost eight hours. That's almost unheard of for me.

Never spent any time on the UT campus. We used to hang out on the state capitol grounds, feeding the almost tame squirrels. Austin was about half the size it is now, I expect. Last visit was in '97.

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Beautiful sunny day, should warm into low 60's
    Pablo is waiting for me to take him for a walk, though he has a fenced rear yard he still expects about a 3 to 4 mile walk daily.
    Praying back improves Skip.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon BBB Friends.
    • I started the day with my Emmaus Reunion group.
    • I then was able to get an appt. with the most recommended Orthopedist for March 1st.
    • I moved to the recliner around 3am this morning. Got up at 6:45 with minimal soreness.
    • Good tribute to Ducky / David McCallum on NCIS last night. It's been almost a year since we had new TV shows.
    • Sounds like a fun Saturday Kelly.
    • Good luck with the back Skip.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    Come on Skip really? The Daytona 500 could not have been Better! Our team William Byron wins It! Ds1 is so thrilled for his best friend Ryan on the pit crew. I'm thrilled for him and his team Too!

Mid 50s here now and I'm outside afterwork taking baby for stoller walk! I'm walking he fell asleep.

Be well BBB
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Good day today. Ron had a massage (we met her at a brewery last night and she fit him in...I assume on her lunch hour) NC beer is much more our taste than Florida. We tried many flights this week. This is a great area...plan to be back.

Tomorrow we are heading to bourbon country in Kentucky. We booked an airbnb for 4 nights. Have our first oil change appointment and our SD plates are finally in so will be shipped to a ups store in Lexington.

Then we will head to Canada, likely with just hotel stays.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Steph, Who sends the plates out from SD to UPS store for you?

Glad Ron feels better. Enjoy your time in KY
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Mary in this case the dealership in Florida handled all the paperwork but we also have a mailbox service in South Dakota that would have done it if we bought a used car or at replacement time.