Hello!

eithneos
eithneos Posts: 3 Member
Starting weight: 263.7
Current weight: 255.6
Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone,
I'm a very near 40 year old mother, housewife, part-time cleaner....
Currently going through peri-menopause for the past 2 or 3 years, so it's now or never with the lifestyle change.
Weight is at an all-time high and mood is at an all-time low, things can't get much worse.

I'm starting this journey by concentrating on increasing my proteins and decreasing my carbohydrates. Carbs are not my friend!
During the first 10 days of this change I lost 8lbs, so I'm looking forward to seeing if this is the way forward for me. I'm keeping calories around 1500 if I can, but not too strict with myself just yet.
I'm keeping the carbs 115g or less per day, (this is ideal if you happen to be pre-diabetic) which I almost was.
Oh.....definitely check out https://www.wholesomeyum.com/ for amazing recipes! This 100% has been helping me over the past few weeks. I honestly haven't been hungry once since I started this food change. Makes me think that spuds, bread and pasta were playing a very big role in my life!

So, best of luck to us all! We're going to have the best journey! xxx

Replies

• newraidnas2494
    newraidnas2494 Posts: 1 Member
    Great! Thanks for the site recommendation. I could have written most of your post myself except I am 44 and diabetic. I did the best several years ago on a low-carb diet, so I am going to try it again. I know (in my head) that carbs aren't good for my body, it doesn't like them, but I can't get my lack of willpower to participate. I've decided to try and only have low carb things at work so until I get home, I'm not tempted.