Week 8 Social Discussions:

LordWulfram
LordWulfram Posts: 140 Member
Wow. Why does it feel like I am consistently playing catch-up these days! LOL I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Replies

• peoriapole
    peoriapole Posts: 1,799 Member
    I took another weekend to rest up and I have been pushing myself to walk more this week. Luckily, I am still doing okay. I even moved a few 55 gal drums today, with help.

Have a great remainder of the week!

Matt
  • renae149
    renae149 Posts: 444 Member
    edited February 22
    @peoriapole that's good news! Learning to listen to our bodies is one of the hardest things to do. I always have the voice in my head telling me i need to move, but I'm learning as I get older that I need to remember to rest as well.

Weather has been absolutely phenomenal this week, especially for Feb! Definitely has helped my mood and my desire to get out and walk.

Keep bringin' on Spring!!
  • HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 2,611 Member
    @peoriapole , glad to hear you are doing better.

@renae149 , yes indeed: keep bringin' on Spring! It has been such a weird winter down here. It's been hitting the upper 40s at night and then moving into the lower and mid 60s during the day. The 60s I can deal with, the 40s I cannot. I'm soooooo tired of being cold and it kicks me right in the arthritic joints.

Saturday is stacking up to be a big step day for me. I'm working a local event downtown, Localtopia. It is 4.5 miles from my home and I plan to walk it. I will then spend 4 hours working as a Runner (basically the same thing as a Gopher) so I'll be all over that 4 block event delivering messages, refilling ice and beer at the drink stations, checking bins for trash pickup, etc. and then it is a 4.5 mile walk home. My feet are going to hate me, but I'm excited to see how many steps I can rack up. I might have to take it a bit easy on Sunday, but I do have a goal this year to have 0 days below 10,000 steps.
  • renae149
    Look at you go @HollyStormCloud !!!

Can we get a pool going on how many steps Holly will make Saturday?? I'm going to put in for 45k!

We are supposed to be between 65 and 80 for highs for the next 5 days. Then we drop to 20. Going to try and close that gab I have create as best I can. Wedding shower on Saturday and traveling for work Tuesday and Wednesday.

Have a great weekend everyone and keep moving!
  • renae149
    Great day @peoriapole !!! Hope your back is doing better!
  • HollyStormCloud
    So I head out in about an hour, I have to be at the event by 9:30am. I should clear about 10k just walking down there and another 10k coming back. I'm hoping to pull at least 40k today. Wish me luck and everyone have a fabulous Saturday! :)
  • peoriapole
    peoriapole Posts: 1,799 Member
    Back is feeling so much better this week. Starting simple this time around and working on my core and stamina so I can properly get in some fat burning exercising in the future.

I also did some math this week (and yes, it hurt) and I need to average 13,500 steps a day through the end of March in order to get on track for the first quarter. So I have been pushing myself a bit. But I can't imagine doing anywhere near 40K steps in a day-good luck @HollyStormCloud hope you had fun as well.

Matt
  • HollyStormCloud
    @peoriapole, so glad to year your back is doing better.

So, this was my yesterday! A personal best.
    3tgk190rf6ky.jpg

• renae149
    Holy cow!!!! Great job @HollyStormCloud !!!

And I agree with you Matt. I went strong Monday then had to skip my Tuesday. Went slower and I little shorter distance and was able to walk both Wednesday and Thursday. This weekend has been filled with wedding stuff. Kids finally got gone this morning. It’s 3pm here and I have almost 13k just from cleaning out a tree row today! Back and forth to the burn pile. Maybe 20’.

Had to jump on to check Holly out for yesterday. I’ll up date weekend steps tomorrow morning.

About 80 degrees right now! Crazy that I thought about the AC in February!!! Supposed to be in the teens in a couple of nights…🙄🙄