Monday cup of joe 3/4/2024

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
edited March 4 in Social Groups
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• kgmoody
    Options
    Good morning

Funeral at noon for my friends dad so only working a little this morning.

Good weekend. Ready for the mess upstairs to be over.

Make it a marvelous day!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Sorry to hear about funeral.
    • Off today. Lots of catching up to do.

Cheers,
    skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Egads, sorry about the funeral. I avoid funerals when possible. I know, I suck. A good Irish Wake or Life Celebrations I much prefer.
    Time to make the donuts.

BBB OP ;-)
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Hope Steph and Ron have a good drive southwest!

I'd like a new split adjustable King mattress but love my head,foot board and do not will to get rid of it. So .... ???
    I have no suggestions for you Dennis.

Great being with the littles this weekend but it's exhausting!

Dgd17 will come home to her surprse of her new used 2007 mint corolla after school today, a 5speed, its a Nice car for $5k. I think she'll be thrilled. Her momma (my dil) will have her vehicle back to herself.

Be well BBB

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    You may want to look again, Mary. We were able to affix our headboard. And we have a split adjustable king. We don't have, but sure we could, affix footboard too.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Mattresses are like everything else in our house: unchanging. We bought our current mattress in 1989 when we transferred from Germany to Indianapolis. It is a good one - I think from Serta - that Rita has religiously flipped over or rotated every month. Nine years ago, we bought a memory foam topper from Costco. Anyway, the mattress looks just like it did when we bought it and feels the same, too. Hey, if it ain't broke ...

The weather is gradually improving, it seems. Today, it won't rain until the afternoon, then we should get two or three dry days. Hurray! Maybe we'll take Sassy for a walk down by the waterfront in Olympia.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Most kids today do not know how to drive a straight shift.
    I have seen headboards and footboards attached to adjustable frames.
    I will check Sleep Shop today and let you know Dennis, they just spent a lot on grading and paving; Mr. Brown may have passed but his children should still be around,
    Safe travels Steph and Ron.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    I agree with skip. Attach the headboard to the wall. Some headboards and footboards are now made fringe adjustable beds.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Breakfast with the ROMEOs this morning.
    • Too many decisions on the bed purchase. Queen or split king? Innerspring coil or memory foam? fixed or adjustable frame? Then there are a bunch of new brands I never heard of. Then apparently you can only buy on holidays, or you pay a premium.
    • You might be due Dave.
    • Safe travels Steph.