Monday cup of joe 3/11/2024

Options
kgmoody
kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• kgmoody
    Options
    Good morning

I don’t like DST. I hate the fact I go to bed with the sun in my eyeballs. Ha. Just pick a time and keep it alone imo

So, ds had his bachelor party weekend in Vegas. They had an amazing time until the flight home. It was horrible. They got on in Vegas and just sat on the plane sweating for hours because they couldn’t get the ac to work. If you got off the plane you gave up your seat. They missed their connecting flight in Chicago. AA put them in a hotel for the night with a $12 food voucher and no luggage. They returned to the airport Sunday am to find that the flight wouldn’t leave Chicago until 5 pm. They were over it and rented a car. Ds said that car “ saw more air time than Tony Hawk and the x games!” Ha.
    He finally got home around 3 or so. His fiancé nat had her bachelorette party in Nashville and got home around 5-6. Looks like she had fun too!!
    We’re out a month now from the wedding.

Skip, back surgery this week?

Waiting on plumber to show up Thursday so we can finish the bathroom. The door is shut and there’s no mess anywhere but inside that room thank God!!

Make it a marvelous day. I know I will!!
  • kgmoody
    Options
    Steph. Glad you found a place to call home for the next 6 months.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Vegas and Bachelor parties - what could go wrong! Ugh. Precisely why flying is a *kitten*show anymore!
    • Lots of DGD's here over weekend to see DMIL who continues to amaze us, but declining more and more each day!
    • Ready for Wednesday to get here. No easy way to get there (bowels of DC); so got a driver to take me and he will come p/up DW late in the afternoon one I'm in PACU and transferring to a PT room.
    • Tucker senses somethings' up! He saw me packing my "go kit" backpack and toiletries yesterday!
    • Lots to do at work today/tomorrow but really not into it! Shoulda just took them off!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I've never understood traveling for bachelor parties, but my cohort was also pretty poor back in the day when it was our turn. We had the folks from Indy just drive up to Chicago since most of us were there.

After losing an extra hour of sleep yesterday thanks to my watch not resetting for the time change, I cashed in relatively early last night. A helpful Post-it this morning told me who won the remaining Oscar's.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Wow. Only a month away to wedding day! MOG will be beautiful I'm sure! Can't wait to see the pictures !

Hope your 6months in Mexico is maravilloso, Steph and Ron!

Sorry AB wasn't on top of her game Lee. She still loves you!

Wishing you surgery success Skip! Get Rest and more Rest!

Well maybe I'll have the upload speed in FL necessary to do my job today or not. Who knows. Im annoyed, can you tell.

Sunny and 62F today but very windy.

The RV we saw yesterday was nice. DH's F150 likely won't pull it. Too big. DH says his boss will let him use his F350. Then we hire the rv dealer nearby the lake, to pull it in and out of storage annually at $50 a pull, not too bad. But I think we should look at some others before pulling the trigger. Something DH can move around himself. I D K. ?

Be well BBB

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

I pray that this surgery will finally bring you relief, Skip. You have been through a lot.

It's a chilly, wet, windy Monday, but we are driving up to the south side of Seattle to visit a Filipino supermarket. They have the new crop of mangoes in stock, and we can't wait to buy a case. DW also loved their huge fish department, so we'll take a big cooler.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    ROMEO's this morning then, bank now home with knee out.
    Pablo is wanting to go for his long walk, hope knee goes back in place soon.
    Need to get busy in garden.
    Pray surgery Wednesday completes all that needs to be done.
    Good that DS made it home safe.
    Congrats on having home for 6 months, Steph and Ron.
    I still AB is GREAT.
    If I'm going to spend much time in an RV it has to be as large as possible; especially if working out of this summer.
    Sorry, I don't follow award shows or Hollywood hype.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Not much planned today. A beach walk or two and maybe the grocery store. Unless we eat out I'll need something for one more meal before we move. Trying not to get too much so I don't have to pack it.

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon BBB Friends.
    • Methodist Men's breakfast went well. Our speaker was a Navy Aviator who on his 206th mission was shot down over Laos and rescued by an Air America (CIA) helicopter.
    • Steph in one place for 6 months. That's almost permanent for her. Sounds like a great locale to hang out.
    • Let's hope this surgery does the trick Skip.