Sunday Cup of Joe - 3/17/2024

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,524 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• lowbar31
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends
    • Happy St. Patricks Day.
    • Let's hope Skip had a successful surgery last evening.
    • I'm off to church.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,610 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Happy St. Patty's Day, no Irish here but we will have corned beef, new potatoes and cabbage with cracking cornbread.
    Rain this morning and cooler, back to freezing Tuesday morning.
    Skip, pray they are holding you in twilight zone while you wait and are prepped for tomorrow.
    Off to church.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,656 Member
    Options
    Top of the mornin' BBB

I believe Skip has been rescheduled to Monday morning. So sorry for this inconvenience, Skip.
    Just doinkin' around today. Might go fishing!
    Started letting Princess Crazy Eyes outside again. Knee seems to be almost 100%, although her fur has not grown back in yet, so she looks a bit raggedy andy as she stalks the bird feeder.
    Forsythia is budding. Croci have emerged. Peepers are peeping.
    My Seasonal Affect Disorder is fading.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

So the anti-gas chewables I took to help calm the acid I was dealing with in my esophagus that was keeping me from sleeping ...wrong ones. I was taking anti-diarrheal tabs by mistake. Or maybe I subconsciously wanted to commiserate with Skip while he's on Dilaudid.

Another rainy and overcast day here in Austin. It's the last day of SXSW, so I'm not upset that the out of town visitors here aren't getting perfect weather to encourage them to move here.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,895 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Sorry for your delay, Skip. Glad your spirits are up enough to post here.

Happy St. Patrick's Day/ I have some Irish in me, but don't own anything green to wear, except an Oregon T-shirt. Doesn't seem appropriate to wear to church. Oh well.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We have massages scheduled for this am. They come right to the condo. Will feel just right after we've been hitting the weights at the gym since we moved in. Probably too cool out to be on the balcony.

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,571 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see Skips dmil passed this morning. His anxiety of getting out and back home to Carrie I'm sure has escalated even further. Hold tight Skip, you got this buddy....🙏🙏🙏

No Irish in my blood line but my ddil is half. She invited us over to Irish dinner tonight at their place. DH should pull in here around 2pm from Indianapolis.

Ds1 is in Bristol TN for the NASCAR race weekend. Let's hope team Byron gets the win. The pit crew tire guy is one of his best friends. I've told you all this many times I'm sure. Lol

The little leprechauns I sat for last night were well behaved, we had fun and they were sound asleep by 830p-win! After a egg hunt,, bunny craft,, dinner andv2 rounds ofvcars go fish, 2 books read, it was lights out! So, I binged watched over, S12 of Call the Wife. Ep1 of S13 is on tonite on pbs. I was home by 1am. Yawnnnn

Be well BBB! ☘☘☘
  • lowbar31
    edited March 17
    Options
    Mary, I can pull for Byron. The car is sponsored by HP.

xfukzuwce5qa.png
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon

I decided today that corned beef and sauerkraut to make Reuben’s and this delicious hot dip will be served here more than on New Year’s Day and st Patrick’s day. We just love it.

The bathroom is tiled. We are so frustrated over the linklever drain assembly for the tub. It’s getting stuck 1/2 way down. Seems as if we need a smaller size and not the universal size. Who knows. Dh let the plumbers leave without installing it. I was less than pleased. Now, we’re dealing with this headache all day long.

Poor skip. Prayers that he can get back home. I’m sure that Carrie really needs his help now.