How many calories per day?

Options
MutterGans
MutterGans Posts: 44 Member
I find most 'calorie calculators' to be a bit generous with the daily calories. WebMD is a little more on the ball for a half-kilo/1lb loss per week "1,200 to 1,500 calories a day for women and 1,500 to 1,800 calories a day for men" Personally, there's nothing quite as motivating as shifting the initial flubber quickly. For that you might look to the Fast 800 diet; yep, just 800 calories a day for two weeks, or you can take it a bit longer. For those interested in Keto, well, the research shows that it's not the most successful long term at shifting weight. What is though? Well, the Mediterranean Plus diet does THREE things: 1. it shifts the weight at a good rate 2. it's the diet that most people stuck to and kept the weight off 3. It also improved general health and increased longevity. So this is the diet I'll be following because it's also easy-peasy - lots of salad and vegetables, protein from fish, eggs, cheese and lean meat and less grains like rice, potato, pasta. The Mediterranean Plus diet is just the Mediterranean Diet with some nuts and berries thrown in, as these have incredible health benefits.

Replies

• ChangingMe1951
    ChangingMe1951 Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    Good information. I have so many ailments that I have to have a special diet. I have kidney disease stage 3, high blood pressure, severe arthritis in my knees and Osteo arthritis in my right shoulder. My calorie intake is 1200 but I give myself license to go up to 1500. I do chair aerobics and chair yoga for exercise. I watch my potassium and phosphorus levels and try to keep added sugar under 21. That's almost impossible. LOL looking forward to having great success with everyone in the group.