- Robert Frost.

Make it good day BBB!

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

(((((Skip and Carrie)))))

Spent some more time on the urn, yesterday. I think I'll end up making two, then letting my brother and sister choose which to use. There is no decision, yet, on when the burial will be. My parents chose to be cremated and pre-paid for everything 30 years ago, so there is no rush. I feel a bit guilty that I can't help more with arrangements. My sister told me, yesterday, that she has hired an attorney to help with settling mom's estate. This is going to be a months-long process, I suspect.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Difficult decision but a smart move Skip. I hated missing my brothers funeral last month, but travel was not wise. Hopefully Carrie will have plenty of family around her.
    • Settling estates are never easy. I hope it goes as smooth as it can Dave. You too Lou.
    • Nice neighborhood HOA meeting and social last night. I ate too much.
    • Heal ceiling, heal.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,976 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Just getting up!! B2B 12-hour nights of sleep.
    • DW left early. Her and family meet the Funeral Director later today. All logistics are in place and there should be no surprises.
    • TY all again for well-wishes. WIsh I could be there, but just can't. I recorded eulogy and niece will play it during service for me.
    • Gonna try to catch up on classes today.

Cheers,
    Skip
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

In the long run your decision is the right one Skip. Hugs to you and Carrie.

Pretty confident FIL's estate will be a mess. He never divorced MIL(she was terrible with money especiallyat the end), has several pensions, money in lots of places and often over or under pays the IRS.

Today we are going to the fruiteria then sams. Next week is Semana Santa which is a huge mexican vacation week. We have heard its best to stay home because the streets are so clogged. We will likely follow this advice.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Emmaus breakfast,
    Made up drugs for next three weeks,
    Beautiful day here, rain tomorrow. I'm on limited activity today and Pablo still not happy that.
    Sod not here today, guess tomorrow in rain.
    Prayers for your healing Skip and my Carrie be comforted during this time knowing mom is better off and no longer suffering.
    Dave knowing your work, either urn will be beautiful,
    Mary it's Florida's show enjoy not working as much because they cannot get organized and setup.
    Probating estates is never fun, if you hire an attorney let them earn their money; just stay on them to handle timely.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,663 Member
    Options
    Afternoon BBB

Skip, that is sum good sleeping. Prayers for you and Carrie. Agree that you are right to stay home, as difficult as it may be.
    M and I need to square away our disposition of cremains, so boys will not have to deal with it.
    Spoke with an 82 yr old guy at tractor supply who has always had dogs, but lost his last one a couple of years back. He started weeping as he was petting Lucy and Babe. He told me he just doesn't feel that it would be right to get another dog at his stage in life. We talked for a long while.
    Played the plumber this afternoon replacing the guts of one of our toilets. Kinda fun and rewarding.

BBB OP ;-)

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Hi BBB

Good of you to lend an ear to the guy Lee. I'm sure he appreciated it.

Good thatv things are in order for Carrie and she can be with her family. You take good care of yourself this weekend Skip.

We are knee deep in our estate trust creation and end of life plan, etc. Should be done by June 1 or sooner. We need to do a few things now, so the ball is in our court.

We sat with dinner looking at the spring, summer calendar, and got some days off planned. Summer coming!

We suppose get 6inches of wet snow by mid morning... schools talking closing already, lol.. trying to get a last snow closure day in, I'm sure. I'm happy staying home tomComing!

Have a good evening BBB
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,976 Member
    Options
    Good news from PA.
    DW said meeting with Funeral Home to finalize everything ahead of tomorrow's viewing went great!
    I recorded and sent eulogy ahead in an MP4 file that they will play during the service on Saturday. As much as I complained about my DMIL, she was a great woman (fiery)! I hope DW and family enjoy the thoughts conveyed.
    I know the owners at the Hilton in the town theyre in and had Instacart deliver some snacks, waters, sodas, for DW's room. Her cousin is staying with her for the weekend to keep her company so they'll have snacks to watch LifeTime network:
    ch9x5ui86yq5.jpeg
    Great friends dropped off more food for me for the weekend than any ONE person could possibly eat: homemade chicken pot pie; ribs; banana pudding! Gotta be honest, don't have much of an appetite.
    I think I fell prone to my nemesis today. On 3.29.24 we'll find out if it was a bad dream or a reality. I should not be trusted to be alone; with an active internet connection; and access to certain websites!

Well, off to bed soon!

Cheers,
    Skipper