New Challenge Team Alternatives

Options
b3achy
b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
Sorry, this isn't to tell you that our beloved Amazing Race is coming back, but there is another challenge group where there are team competitions that you might find helpful.

In the MFP challenge threads, look for the Biggest Loser Challenge (BLC). It isn't quite the same as our fabulous AR challenge, but it seems to be a solid group of folks that have put together teams with weekly challenges. Each group is different, and has different goals and team challenges, but you get to choose the team that best fits your goals. Also, you can be in maintence and join the teams to have a community to help you maintain.

Each week, they have different awards/metrics...team with the most participants in the weekly challenge, team with the most points in the weekly challenge, team that had the largest % of losers/maintainers, team with biggest % of weight lost, and steady shrinkers (those that lose or maintain every week). Some teams even have internal group awards.

The main challenge seasons are 12 weeks with 5 weeks of mini challenges between the main seasons. They are accepting registrations for BLC55 now.

It seems to be mostly ladies, but they gladly welcome men too. I think the site they came from was mostly a woman's fitness site, and some of the challenges are still geared toward the old site as they transition to running it over here.

GrandmaJackie and I both participated the last round in BLC54, and loved the team aspect again. We loved AR, but this was a nice alternative for anyone looking for a team challenge. If you are looking, give it a shot for the next round...

Here's the orientation page for BLC, if you can't find the link in the challenges forum. https://blcteam.weebly.com/orientation-page.html

Come join us!
~b3achy

PS, if others have different good challenge team alternatives, feel free to post here too.

Replies

• BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,838 Member
    edited March 23
    Options
    Man I got real excited when I saw this group was suddenly at the top of my list again! But thanks, I'll check it out!

Many of us are in the Hogwarts challenge if anyone else wants to join that.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @BJerzy - I figured I wasn't the only one that keeps coming back here just in case the AR starts up again...lol. 🙃
    Ever hopeful, as I loved the format, but remember it too so much work to develop the destination, no to mention managing the teams.
    I know BLC is looking for new folks, so I figured some might see this pop up even if they don't check the challenge forum. 👍
    I know a lot of folks have been enjoying the Hogwarts Challenge too. So shout out for that one, if that is more your cup of tea.
    Cheers, b3achy 😎
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,900 Member
    Options
    @b3achy @BJerzy I had the same reaction. Is it back???? The challenge was a huge amount of work.
    Besides BLC , Game of Thrones is a fun team challenge.
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I also got excited seeing it pop up too! Just shows how a good challenge never really dies! 😍