Good Friday 3/29 cup of very strong joe

Options
mcee1
mcee1 Posts: 3,573 Member
Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’”
—Anonymous

Replies

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Yeap that was me at 2am. Awoke and couldn't fall back asleep, and I even stayed up until 930pm!

With that I already have the Italian Cheesecake for Sundays desert, baking in the oven. It requires a water bath. Wish me luck, I've not made this before. I'd say I'm a better cook, and not a baker.

Happy to have the day off. Officially. Meaning I've put the out of office, we are closed til Monday message on my email auto responder. I rarely do that! I'm not even turning my office light or computer on til Monday! I promise!!!

What does the BBB gang got going on Today?

Have a good one!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Good for you, Mary - for the out-of-office note, not the insomnia.

I want to play in my shop, today, with a big piece of wood. I am tired of turning small stuff.

Singing with choir at Good Friday service, tonight. I have a rare bass/baritone solo.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Wind blew trellis off back of house yesterday, need to repair trellis and reattach.
    Person hired to breakup garden did not finish, have some tomato plants ready to go in, need to get seed.
    Bought mulch Wednesday because it was last day of sale, yesterday they lowered price.
    Having to keep sod watered and try and keep Pablo calm, water is no problem Pablo is a different story.
    Hope Skip is feeling better today and got a good night's sleep.
    Dave, go gradual at increasing weight; it will come.
    Exercise generally helps with getting sleep, with leg out I'm not moving as much as I need.
    Didn't make it to church last night, knee keeps going out.
    Kelly, we know you will have everything perfect.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • GOOD FOR YOU, Mary!
    • I got an amazing night sleep last night. Since DMIL's passing, I have come to VERY MUCH enjoy just going to bed together. Loving our talks and time together (greedily)!
    • New whip arrives today (somewhere around 2p'ish) - but not without some drama that nearly *kitten* the deal! Alas.....Convertible therapy is on the way.

ea68tnnfl5eb.jpeg
    g3ttflrmdu9d.jpeg
    xdmnde9g8xtc.jpeg

TGIF

Skip
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Attended Veterans Club breakfast this morning remembering Vietnam Veterans Day.
    • Is today Corvette Friday? That should make someone happy.
    • I would like to hear your solo Dave.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Im sure your cheesecake will be perfect Mary.

We have no big plans for the day. Semana Santa has officially started...competing bands playing down the beach, many tents and LOTS of ATV's and RAZORS everywhere. Thankfully we can admire from afar as they aren't allowed on the beach in front of us.

Thinking of taking pickleball lessons next week. We aren't dying to play but it seems like the best way to meet others. Anyone play?
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    I’ve made several cheesecakes. There is a skill to get them not to crack. Good luck.

Skip. Congrats on the ride
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,665 Member
    Options
    nbh9c71nsi3g.png
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, folks.

Greetings from Houston. hyz09zkcbrdi.jpg
    p45c2x3101go.jpg