Tips for losing weight trough cycling?

Options
2»

Replies

• ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight by climbing hills on the bike. Day after day, week after week I just keep going after those hills. I left two much more experienced cyclists in the dust today thanks to some long, long hills.

ETA: I was like you when I got my bike in May 2012. I could barely make it 7 miles on flat land, and hills laid me out in pretty short order. I got a little pissed off at getting left behind by the groups I was riding with. I just kept at it until I could make it to the top of a reasonably small hill. Then I aimed a little higher. Then went up a major climb in my area. That took me 4 weeks to conquer. I would just keep going as far as I could without stopping, and every day I'd get a little bit further. (this hill was on my commute home from work)

Today, a year an a half later, I rode 62 miles that wound through 2 mountain passes. I was with two very experienced riders, and I left them both behind as that road in front of me quickly became the hill falling away behind me. It was amazing! I had attempted that particular route 3 times previously, and spent a lot of time walking my bike about this time last year. But today, another major climb has been conquered.

62 miles, 2283 vertical feet total. Average speed 14mph. Did I mention the head winds? Bring it on, mother****ers!

This is *so* inspiring to me!
  • mlove351
    mlove351 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight by climbing hills on the bike. Day after day, week after week I just keep going after those hills. I left two much more experienced cyclists in the dust today thanks to some long, long hills.

ETA: I was like you when I got my bike in May 2012. I could barely make it 7 miles on flat land, and hills laid me out in pretty short order. I got a little pissed off at getting left behind by the groups I was riding with. I just kept at it until I could make it to the top of a reasonably small hill. Then I aimed a little higher. Then went up a major climb in my area. That took me 4 weeks to conquer. I would just keep going as far as I could without stopping, and every day I'd get a little bit further. (this hill was on my commute home from work)

Today, a year an a half later, I rode 62 miles that wound through 2 mountain passes. I was with two very experienced riders, and I left them both behind as that road in front of me quickly became the hill falling away behind me. It was amazing! I had attempted that particular route 3 times previously, and spent a lot of time walking my bike about this time last year. But today, another major climb has been conquered.

62 miles, 2283 vertical feet total. Average speed 14mph. Did I mention the head winds? Bring it on, mother****ers!

Love it :) u go girl