Week 16: Social Chatting

LordWulfram
LordWulfram Posts: 140 Member
Well, state testing week this week. It should be interesting to see my steps when all I have to do is give tests all week!

Replies

• HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 2,611 Member
    So you're going to have a classroom full of stressed out kids all week.....fun!
  • renae149
    renae149 Posts: 444 Member
    I do not envy you @LordWulfram !!!
  • renae149
    Wedding is over and clean-up mostly taken care of. Weather has been phenomenal this week! Instead of taking out and walking after work, I have been cutting down an overgrown apple tree. Getting up and staying active in another way for a couple of hours after work. And chipping away at the hole I'm in!

Everyone else enjoying wonderful spring weather??
  • HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 2,611 Member
    We are pretty much into summer down here in the subtropics. We are hitting mid to upper 80s already and with the humidity, it makes for some sweaty walks.
    I've been taking it a bit slow the past few days, after hitting it so hard last week to pull the 2 mill. I had to buy a new pair of Brooks Glycerines this week because I had worn through the inside padding under the ball of my foot in both shoes. Set me back $170+, but good shoes are worth the $$. I typically go through 3 - 4 pairs of Brooks a year. Is anyone else brand loyal when it comes to atheltic shoes? I've been a Brooks girl since high school track, back in the late 70s. I've tried other shoes now and again (Saucony, New Balance, Nike, Adidas), but I always come back to Brooks.
  • renae149
    Brooks Ghost for me. I was turned on to them when I started really walking back in 2017 and have never looked back. I walk a lot at work, so I usually go through 2-3 pairs a year myself.

And I agree, money is not an object (within reason) when I comes to my feet and legs. I've done the cheap payless shoes when I was younger and definitely paid for it!
  • peoriapole
    peoriapole Posts: 1,799 Member
    I get the majority of step in wearing steel toe boots at work. I should probably invest in some good shoes, might help with my back & knee pain.
  • renae149
    You can definitely get steel toed shoes. I’m not sure how my husband wore the boots for so many years, but he had trouble moving to tennis shoes when switched jobs a couple of years ago. Mainly his ankles since he didn’t have the support he was used to.