May Week 3 Group Challenge: Weekly Meal Plan Challenge

Options
jessicakrall8
jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,166 Member
edited May 19 in Social Groups
6heb5phteiuc.png
This week, I'm posting a Weekly Meal Plan and the challenge is to complete your plan, share with the team and then follow your plan for the week. It should help to alleviate worries about what to fix at the last minute and will save you time and effort by giving you time to prep in advance.

My tip is to always have a plan B in case your work schedule changes at the last minute or you forget one of your kids' soccer game/dance rehearsal. Can't wait to read your plans.

Also, post daily and let us know the good, the bad and the ugly as things ALWAYS have a way of changing. AND THAT'S OK...that's why you prepare a plan B...at least for whatever your most hectic meal of the day usually is.

Now this template is made considering 3 meals a day...remember to plan for snacks if you normally have them...or change to just two meals a day if that's your normal pattern. Whatever works best for you...the challenge is to plan and then be consistent with it. Good luck this week! I know we'll all do great!

Jessica

qjg5wlocw4nl.png

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited May 12
    Options
    Thank you Jessica! I've always struggled to advance prep but I used your sheet as a background (in Canva) and have typed out what we already have in the house, what we can make with that, plus what we need to buy later. I can't say I'll stick to this, especially since my husband will do things differently, but it has given me a clear outlook and something to work with in the future.

I went shopping twice yesterday (I actually worked up a sweat carrying the bags home because I'd bought too much) and have absolutely no space in the fridge. I'll buy some frozen food today, for plan B's, as there's space in the freezer.

Here's my filled-in sheet:
    vubkkub1rg9j.png

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    87l0bfn1wcm9.jpg

subject to change depending on what's for lunch at work.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    gcjylo11npgt.jpg

This is such a good idea as I have issues sticking to my own rules. This is great for accountability too.

I have some gaps in the weekend brunch area because I have such a hard time deciding what we'll eat on the weekends.

I will let you know if there are any changes.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Would love to join the challenge as I never plan my meals.However I do not know how to fill the chart in on my phone.
    Any instructions welcome ! ??
    Today I mainly used leftovers & as usual a Sunday Roast for dinner.
    Breakfast Sausage sandwich
    Lunch Firecracker chicken breast ,green beans & tomato & onion
    Dinner Roast chicken roast potatoes,carrots,peas,Yorkshire pudding & gravy.
    Snacks 0% greek yoghurt ,frozen summer fruit,cinnamon & a little honey
    2 glasses white wine
    Dark chocolate 25g
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Would love to join the challenge as I never plan my meals.However I do not know how to fill the chart in on my phone.
    Any instructions welcome ! ??
    Today I mainly used leftovers & as usual a Sunday Roast for dinner.
    Breakfast Sausage sandwich
    Lunch Firecracker chicken breast ,green beans & tomato & onion
    Dinner Roast chicken roast potatoes,carrots,peas,Yorkshire pudding & gravy.
    Snacks 0% greek yoghurt ,frozen summer fruit,cinnamon & a little honey
    2 glasses white wine
    Dark chocolate 25g

@izzyred9400 You don't have to use the chart I posted, so find any template, or even type something in your own Word, etc. program...just a guide.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    My plan this week is to take sandwiches for lunch most of the days this week (for work) and in the evenings to use my air fryer for chicken patties, fish or a burger, then a veggie steamer in the microwave to make the dinner meal. I will likely order Chinese for lunch on one day during the week.

I'll post daily and let you know how it worked out. Goal is not to eat out much this week because I ate out a LOT last week, even though I managed my calories very well. My budget was not happy with me! LOL!

Headed back to bad...really horrible allergy attack today...UGH!
    Jessica
  • alleykat69
    Options
    itjul4w79k3d.jpg

My lunch for Sunday changed. I ended up eating leftover sausage gravy from breakfast with one slice of toast. everything stayed the same. for snack I had those strawberries.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,319 Member
    Options
    I'm not much at planning my meals, other than when I have leftovers, like the pizza I've had the last few days. But I'm gonna give this a try. My market has $5 Monday sales each week, so I need to see what's on sale before deciding on my week's meals. But here's a start:
    90nlkrt1qhqv.png
  • izzyred9400
    edited May 13
    Options
    I know @ jessicakrall8 but it would be nice if I could fill in a chart on my phone but I will do it the old fashioned way 😃
    5889eq3xdbd6.png
    I've also added exercise goals to see if I can keep to them.The Dance fit classes are pre booked so that's easy.
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Tuesday
    I swapped my lunch & dinner around as had some roast potatoes & veg left over from my Sunday Roast.I also swapped roast chicken for a breaded chicken breast that was near the expiry date.
    My dinner plan has changed for today as I'm meeting a friend later & hopefully will make good choices.
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    I've just realised that I've got my days mixed up,must have had a senior moment 😳
    Oh well I least I've planned ahead for the week.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Well...my allergy attack turned into a sinus mess...woke up with a fever, sore throat and spent all of Monday in bed, missing work...was horrible. Better today, but just taking a shower and getting ready for work wore me out today. Made it through the day, but my food plan didn't...getting ready for work was all I could handle this morning and after work, I just picked up a sandwich and came on home. Having not eaten much for the past few days though, the lunch I order was less than half consumed so I guess that's positive...will take the rest of it and perhaps half a turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

Some example I'm setting, huh?!! Calorically, I think I did ok...

Hope y'all had a better day than I did yesterday!
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,319 Member
    edited May 15
    Options
    Nothing good for $5 Monday. Tomorrow I'm going to a different market that has some good deals. Today, I just had Wheat Chex and protein shake for breakfast, a ham & cheese and Frappuccino at Starbucks for lunch (in the middle of a 3.2 mile walk), and a protein bar and peanut butter Pretzels for dinner, plus 1 oz. of white cheddar popcorn with a coke for a snack. Not the most nutritional day but stayed under 2,000 calories.

Highest Weight: 330; Goal Weight: 220 ±5; 33.2 pounds to go
    2020:↓46.7; 2021:↓53.0; 2022:↑4.3; 2023:↑7.9; 2024:↑10.7
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Last night's outing wasn't too bad I chose a light meal & only 1 cocktail & a glass of wine.
    Today I stuck to the plan for breakfast but lunch time I ate a sandwich & a packet of crisps that my husband had brought for work & didn't eat so was near the expiry date.I don't usually eat crisps & planned on only eating half the packet but caved & ate them all.I was over my calories but as I did alot of exercise it balanced it out.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 15
    Options
    Honesty here...it was all I could do to get up, get ready and get to work...went to Chickfila this morning and tried the grilled chicken egg white meal on a whole wheat english muffin. Not bad...had a large unsweetened tea to sip on all morning. For lunch I had Asian veggies steamed, one veggie egg roll and one chicken wing with a diet mountain dew. For dinner I picked up a sandwich from Mcd's, a small fry and another unsweetened tea. Stayed under on calories, but it was not the plan. It was my plan B due to this horrible cold/cough I'm handling. Best I could do...I did walk nearly a mile this morning before work and another mile this evening, while watching the news.

Tomorrow is Friday eve...hope your day went well!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Another crazy busy day...not following my plans, but am doing pretty good on calorie count with plan B...tonight after running errands just came home and eating a turkey sandwich...had breakfast sandwich this morning and oatmeal, with unsweetened tea...for lunch had a chicken sandwich and another unsweetened tea...

Hope your day is going well. I'm still contending with a slightly sore throat and my voice is very hoarse, but starting to get some strength back.

Jessica
  • alleykat69
    Options
    I have kept with my menu this week except for today. we had a cook out at work. I still did good. I had 4 oz grill chicken, about 3oz of spicy sausage kabob, and half corn on the cob. c8qqscdgbzc8.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Didn't stick to my plan today as I went out for a walk & lunch with 3 friends.
    Had a good choice for lunch tuna & baked potato & salad.Nearly got swayed by a 99 ice cream cone but when we passed the shop it was shut..
    Just had homemade chicken & veg soup for dinner so eventhough not planned it was an OK day.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @izzyred9400 and @alleykat69 It's been the week for change...unexpected events...LIFE HAPPENS!! It's all about making the best choices we can in every situation...knowing what choices are best for us, making plans, having a Plan B and doing the best we can. I think all three of us made excellent choices this week.

Enjoy your weekend, Ladies!

Any thoughts of what you'd like for our next challenge...the floor is open for suggestions!

Jessica
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I've done pretty well with sticking to the meal plan. There was one night when we had pizza and potato wedges while watching football and my husband bought some other food but, overall, the calorie consumption wasn't bad. Plus, I got my bum on a bike!
This discussion has been closed.