Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 5.21.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,008 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    edited May 21
    Options
    GM~
    • Congrats on the shiny new whip, SGM!!!! 😎. Love the color scheme!
    • Long day yesterday and another long one today. C'mon weekend.
    • Extraordinary shortage of PT techs in our area. Called four places to get scheduled and still have to wait two more weeks. Ugh.
    Cheers,
    Skip
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,682 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Congrats on that rad ride, Dave. Enjoy!

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Congratulations on the new truck, Dave!

How did the exam go yesterday, Skip?
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Exam is Thursday.

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Ok, Skip made me go look at Facepage. Congratulations on the new truck Dave.
    • If you want to come to GA I have a great Physical Therapist I hopefully won't need for much longer.
    • Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to the Doc I go.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Yeah, the dealer sold the Tacoma I was looking for, but we found another, with fewer options, that is really closer to what I was originally looking for - and for a substantial savings. The new truck is a 2023, but was sold in December, five months ago, has 2,600 miles on the odometer, and was traded in already. Do you have a cousin out here, Skip? I'll be sitting on the driveway figuring out the owner's manual, today.

• DocSkippy
    Options
    SGM - an iPhone in your had with YouTube are your best friends to learn most tech options on your new whip. Simply type into YouTube the issue for 2023 Tacoma and a video will launch to show you.

e.g.: 2023 Tacoma pairing phone or 2023 Tacoma garage door programming.

I just turned 5k on the Waggs. The 2025 Defenders are now open for ordering. With limited allocations, dealer is trying to get me to order one. I've not decided.

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,643 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Doctor ordered PT for DW last week, first available evaluation date is May 29 after calling 3 different centers.
    Congrats on purchase Dave.
    Skip, might as well go ahead and order you know you are going to trade unless you are thinking a different vehicle.
    Hope to hear Brandy is traveling down the road today
    Chauffeuring this week: DW, DMIL and DGD. They are keeping me busy
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    DocSkippy wrote: »
    Exam is Thursday.

So you still have time to study. 😉
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Hooray for new trucks.

My sister is a PT and she knew about the shortage coming. Combo of aging population, increased pickleball and more schooling needed to get licensed.

4 of our 6 Amazon packages are waiting in lockers for pick up. The rest should be delivered today. We have to go to 2 different places but both are near hotel.

We are also buying an umbrella for Ron's massage gal. She wants to offer massages on the beach.

Today is Tai chi cLss then Mexican train Dominos if I get my packing done.

We are planning to leave here by 6 am so we have all day to shop. Ron will be up anyway and I can doze in the car if needed. It's about a 4 hr drive. Likely won't check in tomorrow.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    "We are also buying an umbrella for Ron's massage gal. She wants to offer massages on the beach."

MFP is bound to block us one of these days 😎
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,141 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an umbrella on the beach would be a happy ending for all. The sound of the waves, warm sun, cool breeze. I’d definitely be happy

Nice truck Dave.

I didn’t get a recap of the week but, what’s up with the back skip?

We had a not so great time in Florida due to circumstances outside of our control at home.
    First. Our dog sitter sucked *kitten*. We paid her $30 a day, $30 so my flowers didn’t die, stocked the fridge with her requests. 6 steaks, turkey, cheese, bread, cereal, apples, sweet tea. She left the dogs alone for over 12 hours the first day. She didn’t take out the trash or yard waste bin. She never swept. Got home to a huge mess and 3 flowers never watered. Oh and the worst was she locked the dogs out of our bedroom and Ruby scratched the crap out of our solid wood door.
    Then, on Wednesday I got a phone call that a very very dear friend died unexpectedly. So so sad.
  • lowbar31
    Options
    • “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are I am free at last.” MLK Jr. Took a short ride on the bike this afternoon.
    • Sorry about your friend Kelly.
    • I recommend Pro Motion PT Sam.
    • Enjoy your trip to the USA Steph.
    • I bought a Sleep Number bed today.
    • Skip, I head you can do that with a Samsung Galaxy phone too.

• kgmoody
    Options
    I want to hear what you think about the sleep number bed. Did you get a king? Split sides?
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    Soor6 vacation was less than great.

Happy endings are a thing here. In the storefront places there is a 😃 in the window. I only know because our Spanish teachers husband went. He was not expecting and therefore not happy.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    DW and lived our sleep number. We lost in fire in 2016. Went to split king sealy posturepedic. At 8 years we are waiting to find sale and return to king split sleep number.
  • lowbar31
    Options
    There is a Sleep Number Memorial Day sale going on now. We got a queen size iLE 360 Smart Bed model with an integrated base. We've always had a queen bed and this allows us to use our existing bedroom furniture. It will be delivered on the 31st.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    Nice reviews