shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,128 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Stoopid bosses, we are starting over again on the search. Not my problem. They are not getting this.

Dave, awesome score on the truck! Congratulations!

Sunday, I bought my boat permit at the local lake that I like for my kayak. Sunday night high winds came through and destroyed a set of boat docks, downed power lines, and now the lake is closed indefinitely. Maybe just several days? It would be a shame for the lake to be closed on Memorial Day.

More storms are expected each of the next couple of days.

Thank you all for the prayers and for the kind words. I'll get through this with my head held high.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    ... and a happy belated birthday from me, Steve. Hang in there buddy.

Sam, sounds like you had a whirlwind tour, driving everybody hither and yon. Reminds me of when we had a houseful of kids all playing different sports.

Did a nice short hike yesterday, a mossy woodland trail that follows a rushing river, though pine forest, with ferns sprouting everywhere and wildflowers here and there along the trail. It was in the 70's. Only 2 miles, but I got too hot and decided to turn back early. I use a cooling hat and bandana in the summer; get heat exhaustion very easily otherwise, but didn't bring those along. 80s expected today.

Bible study again this morning. When the cookies and muffins call, Mike has to just say no. Eye exam this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,682 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents

Sitting in waiting room at the derm doc. Told the receptionist I was here for Botox. I got a laugh.
    You're 💯 % correct Steve. Not your problem.
    Scale said I lost another couple of pounds. I'll take it.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Spent much of yesterday at the car dealer. Now have pickup in the driveway. Today will be devoted to studying the owner's manual and figuring out the basics.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    We are heading toward upper 80's this week then 90's to start next week.
    I really do not enjoy learning a new vehicle, still do not understand DW's Highlander and we have had it 4 years. Too much to learn and know, and unless I'm driving her I drive my car which last year was less than 5,000 miles.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Gosh Steve they are just begging ya to leave them in the lurch. HRMPH WOW sorry to hear about the damage at the lake!!
    Nice comment Lee. I just want the whole body transplant for me. haha.
    Warming up Sam. We have gone into a cold spell with cold rain today and high about 57deg or so.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Congratulations on the new truck Dave!

Quiet day ahead, a few errands to run, stuff to do around the house (always). I will fire up the old Weber which I haven’t used much lately. Pork Kebobs with a “Hawaiian" marinade we learned from friends 40+ years ago. I need to get out to the gym for cardio.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    I meant to post this earlier, but the file was corrupted somehow. Here is the new truck, but better than that, when Rita looked at this photo, she commented on how trim I looked. I'll take those compliments any time.

dcmq4ylgh010.jpeg