Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 5.22.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,012 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • I could use a couple more hours in a comfy bed.
    • Hope the new truck and owner had some bonding time.
    • Last "office day" until June 3!
    Cheers,
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,687 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

I am a big fan our adjustable sleep number split california king. DW can take it or leave it. She feels it was not worth the money. DW weighs almost nothing, she would probably sleep well on a inexpensive mattress.
    How was freedom, Dennis?
    Sam, did your DW get a hip replacement? I was thinking she had a back problem.
    Unexpected happy ending , yikes.

BBB OP ;-)

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,142 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Unexpected happy ending could be very bad. Ha

Busy day for me.

Thanks for the bed reviews.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

The only real happy ending is remembering that you still have a slice of cake in the fridge after a long day's work.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Kelly. And that stinks about the dog sitter.

Cecilia would sleep on a concrete mattress if she could. Our bed is a tempurpedic king, but the next will be a split something so she can sleep on a marble slab and I can sleep in a hot dog bun.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • The Sleep Number bed would be perfect for you Lou. Ours looks like a normal mattress but you can set one side for 'rock' and the other side for 'feathers'.
    • A short gas run on the bike yesterday went well. Today it's a 50 mile run around the lake.
    • Study the owners manual Dave. Skip is known to give pop tests.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,940 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Sorry about the tough homecoming, Kelly.

I got us squared away with the insurance company, then spent a couple hours sitting in the truck in the cold rain, playing with buttons, after watching a bunch of YouTube videos. Some of the controls are similar to our old Rav4, so they're almost instinctive for me. We might take a drive, today, to get a better feel for the truck, on the road.

Walk-in clinic for Covid shots, today. This will be No. 6 for us, I think. It's become like flu shots: just something we do every year.

Finished a small piece on the lathe yesterday and will do something today, too. My goal is to create something every day.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Options
    Good morning

My dream bed: adjustable sleep number split king. I should look at the weekend sale. But I wan to use my king 4 poster frame. That seems to be an issue.

Sorry about your friend Kelly, and your return to a less than acceptable pet sit. Do you dock they pay towards fixing the door? Was the sitter a Stranger?

I'm swamped trying to get ready for buying and moving into this rv on Friday. But excited Too!

Safe travels to AZ Steph!

Happy riding Dennis yay!
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,142 Member
    Options
    Nope, same sitter we’ve used before. It’s the family that has 6 kids that we’re friends with. It’s the oldest daughter.

We already paid her when we left so that’s that.