Already Annoyed by Community

Options
AnneGenevieveS
AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
edited May 26 in Social Groups
After a couple days of using Community, I'm already annoyed. While this group seems to be very cool and supportive.... Everywhere else is full of negativity. People who can't post their personal opinions without adding in a jab about someone else's feelings. People who just join in the conversation for the sake of being weird and rude.

This is why I want the Newsfeed. I don't want unnecessary negativity in my life, and I don't want to see it directed at others either. My MFP Newsfeed pals are amazing, positive, and supportive. Troll and creep free.

Also much harder to navigate in Community. Too much nonsense going on. You can't find where posts are located later unless you bookmark them. It's slow, and more glitchy than the newsfeed in a lot of ways. Definitely more old fashioned and less modern. It's like a 1990s DOS forum.

Replies

• JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes! I 1000000% agree
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    So true… it’s not as fluid and yes, people can be rude there.
  • Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Very clicky too I find.
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    DVDBEASTMODE Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well what can we do as a group to help fix this. Shall we make or private and keep it to the positive people. That’s the only problem with a public group. I was just trying to give us a place to all stick together and keep our community together. Suggestions would be great
  • ReConStructWithSolidFoundation
    edited May 27
    Options
    Keep the group public, but with some rules in place. If the rules are violated, the violator get bounced. I will recommend assigning admin control to 2 or 3 other people to help keep track of post in the group.
  • LadyInTheArena
    LadyInTheArena Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    lol I feel like I need to recall how to use F keys and whatnot 🤣 And yes, my FL was vetted. This feels more like Reddit I think
  • jimdyoga
    jimdyoga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    people are people. any large forum or group is going to have cool people and not-cool people. and some misunderstandings. there's one person on MFP that i thought was being rude to me about something fitness related on the MFP forum, but it turned out they were just expressing themself poorly - we've become friends.

my pet peeve here, and even more on LI, is people who have picked up lots of fake science and will argue with the rest of us all day long about things like only losing weight if you stop eating by 8 pm or that you can't lose weight after 60. they'll not only argue - they tend to be very condescending. i tend not to reply to them, and they continue to spread misinformation. it's so frustrating.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    An approach will vary, I'm reading things here I wrote 10 years ago since they're from older posts and I'm thinking "who is she"??? Fast Forward---what worked for me then...no longer is true or accurate. So all anyone can do is try to see what they can or can't do..w/o those older posts, I'd never believe how hard it can be to accomplish one's goals. So misinformation---no, it is what works for that person AND it cud all change --we never know.
  • CenFlo7
    CenFlo7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't like the trolls, don't feed them!! That's been the way to deal with the negative types since the usenet (newsgroup) days of the Internet.

I hope the community forums can be a good substitute for the social aspect(s) of this site that everyone seems to love. Time will tell.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    This community thread has too many choices —- three would be manageable —- if ppl look here , it’s an effort to decide where to write what??
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I must admit, I haven't explored the community pages much, apart from the three groups that I was invited to (this one is the biggest of those, and everyone on here seems great! 😊)

But I am definitely missing the newsfeed! Just feeling like a lost soul at the moment - I have friends from MFP on Instagram and Facebook (some of you are on this group too!) which is actually great in it's own way, and I'm getting to learn a bit more about my friends. BUT, I think for sharing fitness related stuff, the newsfeed worked so well. Still, it's gone, and nothing we can do about it!

Sorry, this is more of a moan than a constructive post (more negativity - sorry!) 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think categories in groups need to be clearly defined, but this group is doing the best out of the ones I've tried on that score! I do thank you for starting it up. 😊
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Not so much annoyed by the community I feel like it's a lot of work lol to check in . Sometimes I get busy. I going to try at least once a day!! Happy Sunday and Father's day too !!
  • TriedEverything
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Not so much annoyed by the community I feel like it's a lot of work lol to check in . Sometimes I get busy. I going to try at least once a day!! Happy Sunday and Father's day too !!

I agree, it definitely seems more "faffy" having to do this than just use the newsfeed! 😏 Happy Fathers Day to all those who hold the title of Dad! 😊 Hope I have done this quote/ reply thing right! 😂

j1e8gec3wgas.gif
  • TriedEverything
    Options
    Sorry, did not mean to post the monkey!!! 🙈🤣 (although it would probably be easier to train him than me!!)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    But I like the monkey!
  • TriedEverything
    edited June 27
    Options
    Ah, thank you springlering62 - glad you do! 😁 Sorry, not checked in for a while and just seen your reply!