Memorial Day 2024 Cup of Joe ~ 5/27/24

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,682 Member
edited May 27 in Social Groups
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.
t0qi0gj59wo6.png

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,682 Member
    edited May 27
    Options
    Nice photo of you and yer dad. Y'all getting on each others nerves yet?
    Misty, moist-y day. BBQ lunch at 2 pm with DSIL and friend. Brisket smoked overnight and is wrapped and finishing in smoker this morning.
    Will not attend a parade, but will remember and honor.
    Hope you feel better, Lou.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,008 Member
    edited May 27
    Options
    GM!

“When they died, they gave up two lives—the one they were living, and the one they would have lived ... They gave up everything for our country, for us. And all we can do is remember.” - Ronald Reagan
    • Me Dad and I are getting along. He fell asleep halfway through the Nascar race - so it goes.
    • Meeting old school friend and others this morning for breakfast.
    • Will drag Dad to VFW later this afternoon to raise a pint or three.
    • Hope Mary is enjoying the lake.
    • WITW is Indiana?
    • #SummerofLou....cough cough cough
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • We have a nice Memorial Day ceremony planned for the community, but the rain is coming in.
    • I think of my Dad today who spent part of WWII working as a medic on an Army hospital ship off the coast of France.
    • Skip, remind your Dad I enjoyed his book.
    • The Summer of Lou can only get better.
    • Have a meaningful Memorial Day BBB.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,141 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Haven’t been feeling too great.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Memorial Day is always kind of somber, for me. Seeing faces in my mind of those I have known who didn't come home.

Driving over to DS's house later this morning, for DGS to show us his new bike and for DGD to check out our new truck. That should cheer me up.

Hope you feel better, Kelly.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

More like Summer of Lou, *sniff*, *cough*.

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,643 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Madison, Georgia host American Legion motorcycle ride yearly on Memorial Day from Loganville to Madison for a memorial service and back. Generally, over 1,000 bikes; believe rain and storms will shrink that number today,
    Lost friends and family due to Vietnam police action, during 60's and early 70's we saw people protest against United States, in basic we were not allowed to wear uniforms off base or while traveling for safety reasons. But yes as Dave points out many lives were given up and many fought so protestors can be paid to influence the general public and modern-day media can give bias reporting. Yes, we have all these freedoms because so many through the years gave their all for us.
    What irritates, me is those that would like to give up that freedom as we continue to reelect congress folks who vote themselves increases and continue to print money puts most of us under a medical care program while they exempt themselves and staff from Affordable Care Act. They have also given themselves a great retirement program while they drain social security system for their pet projects.
    I'll get off my soap box now,
    Remember those who gave so we have this day!
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Beautiful morning here. Waves are super tiny. Not even a gift of a breeze...I bet it's gonna be hot today. AC might have to get turned on.

The couple that lives in the last unit on our floor is here this weekend. I think they have been here 2 other times. They have 3 super barky dogs and all he does is yell at them. Only one elevator is working this weekend (yikes) and he has been standing in the hall bi_÷:<ing about it for 20 minutes. Could have walked down the stairs twice in that time. Thierry unit is for sale...I hope this weekends open hous3 was a success.