Monday Cuppa Joe: 6.3.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Hope Doc & Mary (and family) are enjoying their European Vacation!
    • Uneventful weekend. Got in some pool time with DW.
    • Back to work after 10 days. Dreading what awaits.
    • <<<LOU>>> You have to recover and finish #SummerofLou in epic fashion!

Cheers
    Skipper
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning

We got the old fence torn out Saturday new posts set then got rained out. Spent the rest of the day staining boards in the garage.

Yesterday was another wet day. Didn’t get much done.

I smoked wings on the grill. Outstanding!!!

At least it’s nice today. We might be able to get stuff done later tonight.

Have fun you vacationers.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Going to be a soggy Monday, but not as bad as yesterday's deluge. We just have errands to run, anyway. We're putting the appliance purchase off until after our Las Vegas trip. DS turns 36 on Thursday (how did that happen?) and we need to purchase a couple things for him.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Still not 100% but I have to go into the office. I'm expecting a Fedex with wet signature forms that need to be notarized to sell the house.

How's the back, Skip?

Sorry the rain kept you from knocking out the fence, Kelly.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 3
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Got up early this morning to move the cars out onto the street. We are getting a new roof. Apparently, we had a batch of bad shingles and most of the grit was gone. It's going to be a noisy day here.
    • I did manage to sneak off for ROMEO.
    • I had to look up 'wet signature', I hadn't heard that term before. I guess in a digital world you have to differentiate a real signature.
    • Sleep number bed is set at 35 and I think I like it.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB

Enjoy your DGS and family vacation Lee!

Hope your Monday goes well everyone !

A good nights sleep is always wonderful Dennis, hope your back is liking the new bed too! Is the new roof a freebie since the old one failed early ?

Get caught up Doc, glad you got pool time in with DW!

Happy birthday to your son Dave !

Yay for the finalization of the house sale Lou! Hope you feel better too this week!

Good luck on getting that fence done soon, Kelly!

Here's is my dgs 10 months old and waving hi at church yesterday! He is taking his first steps now too!
    6n2dmm5ltoge.jpg
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Super cute Mary!
    Went to men's breakfast for neighborhood then into Madison to get car washed, City of Madison had loss power.
    Have made my daily trip around block and clubhouse with Pablo, neighbor will walk Pablo for me this afternoon.
    Congrats on sale of house Lou.
    Hope the Dinwiddie clan is having a GREAT TIME!
    Storm came through last night, bent flagpole, blew umbrella out of table.
    It is horrid having to return to work after vacation.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Cute with a capital C.

I wish it would rain here. While I love our sunny beach view a good thunderstorm is good for the soul. Probably not likely until at least August then still not likely to be much. Average is less than 1 inch per month even in the rainy season of aug-oct.

Today heading to the gym then Ron has a massage. We "won" a silent action bid at the fashion show so need to go pick that up. It was for a fundraiser for a hydroponic garden so we also get a tour of that facility.

Ron's birthday was yesterday but we don't really do anything special for holidays. He is 51!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Ron!!!! Please tell him for me