Thursday Cuppa Joe: 6.6.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    G"Morning,
    • <<<LOU! Do you have a sequel planned for later in the summer? #SummerofLou was not up to previous year standard.....damnit man, we live vicariously through you. Don't let your people down! 😎
    • Doc - hows the family fun across the pond?
    • Mary - closing? RV? I thought you all were up and running with the new RV already? Maybe I misunderstood....Good luck Friday.
    • I begin PT today. 3 months in the waiting. Back (and hip) are incredibly stiff. Not painful. Uncomfortable.
    • Steph, how much longer are you all in Mexico?
    • C'mon weekend!

Cheers, BBB
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Afternoon BBB

jcam6w065fu7.jpg
    5lwv5xwoyzfl.jpg
    10 month olds, or at least this one, is not a fan of waves, hot sand, and lots of semi naked people.
    So we are sticking around the pool at the Air-bnb.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • What a great vacation Lee. :D
    • Skip, I think Lou is the one with a closing Friday for his parents' home. Good luck Lou.
    • I too learned there is a difference between pain and discomfort. I recommend doing all of your PT and exercises. Don't try to outguess them. I'm done with official PT but trying to continue on my own.
    • Off to Athens with DW. She has an annual appt. with her breast surgeon.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

This is our son's birthday, so the whole clan is coming over for supper. I am smoking ribs (St. Louis style) that I dry brined yesterday, with my dry rub mix. It should be warm enough for us to eat out on the back deck. He's 36 and a senior engineer with two growing kids of his own. How did that happen?

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Let your DS know he has birthday wishes from Greensboro, GA. 🎈
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    SGM - you and Rita raised good'ns! CONGRATs and HBD to DS!

Now I want ribs for dinner. <<<<<sign>>>>>
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Have fun at the birthday party.

I'd feel safer with a baby at a pool vs the ocean anyway. What a cutie.

Met our Spanish class last night for dinner. Fun to meet outside of class. Lovely view but only OK pizza.

Our boat trip scheduled for today is postponed.

Our plan is to be in Mexico until mid September. Then tentatively a road trip in the US for 4-8 weeks then likely back to Mexico for winter. Probably back as we have made some friends and Ron is reacting positively to our routine...yoga, PT, massages plus spanish class and dominos. He still doesn't feel up to restarting our real travels yet.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Dropped Pablo off at doggie daycare then took DW to doctor north of Athens, on way back made a Costco run which always is a costly visit.
    Neighbor came over and cut our grass today said she is sending husband tomorrow to edge and trim, love our neighbors but we are not that bad off. Though them walking Pablo daily has been a great help as well as meals provided a few weeks ago.
    Winter in Mexico sounds so much warmer and nicer other than Hawaii or south Florida which cost so much more.
    Dave, you and Rita done good raising son, tell him Happy Birthday for all of us.
    Love electronic closings, makes life so much easier. Glad closing is able to proceed for you.
    Two of our grandkids hated beach and waves when young, now cannot get enough beach time.
    PT on shoulder left me in more pain than before, they did not tell me or therapist that rotator cuff, bicep and triceps were torn till after 8 weeks of PT. DW says PT is not helping her and hurts, but she is walking better and can move foot and right leg now. Hope PT really helps Skip.
    Hope Kris had a great doctor visit and all is clear.