Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 6.12.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Long day thats still not over.
    • Feeling quite melancholy.
    • Another long day at the BigRock Fishing tourney tomorrow and I think I'll head home tomorrow night instead of waiting for Thursday morning.
    • 28th Anniversary this weekend. Planning a special date night dinner.
    • Mary - send pics of your new setup next time you are at the Lake.
    • Lotta fish in Indiana. Not sure I like bass. I've tried to like it, but it doesn't quite appeal to me.
    • Long drive home tomorrow night. Miss my routine.

Cheers,
    SKipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Not sure what happened to my post yesterday. I was on my phone and probably forgot to hit send. If I rotate my phone before saving or posting, my post disappears.
    Chin up, Skip.
    Indiana has a daily limit of 5 for largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, or spotted bass or any combination of the above and no less than 14"...but rock bass, crappie, bluegill/sunfish is unlimited. It is actually very similar to Washington's regs.
    I mostly catch and release these days. I will keep an occasional trout, striped bass, or bluefish for my self. Back in Oklahoma, it was fun to catch a mess of sunfish and crappie on the impoundment lakes and love a good community fish fry. Miss those days of lake living. Cleaning a mess of crappie or bluegill requires a little organization, a good fillet knife, running water, a cutting board with a clamp, and a place to put the filleted fish carcasses (in OK, we'd dump them back into the lake for the turtles). Small soft plastic jigs or minnows dropped straight down at night under a light was the most effective technique. Memories of days gone by.
    Nice view, Dave.

BBB OP ;-)

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

They should have put some rolled quarters in the marlin's pockets, Skip. That's what boxers do.

A fresh trout is the bee's knees in my book. And a pro tip - deep fried, they all taste about the same. Of course, bluegill is hardly worth the effort for the yield.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 12
    Options
    Good morning

I'll get some pictures of set up this weekend Skip. Safe travels back.

I stink at fishing but enjoy the act. I may take ds2 on a charter for his birthday.

Dh and ds2 set up the little swing slide set for dgs last night. 5 hours it took them geezzzz. Instructions were bad. No predrilled anything. Little guy was long to bed when finished so he didn't get to use it yet. I'll stop there later to see how he likes it.

High here today mid 80s.

Hope you all have a great day.

Be well BBB
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    HAPPY HUMPING!
    Off to take DMIL to doctor
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 12
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Lots of nostalgia, fish stories and old people getting set in there ways this morning.
    • I'm not much of a fisherman but I do like boat rides.
    • My idea of fishing is laying my credit card on the table at a good seafood restaurant.
    • Brandy got all checked out yesterday and we had about a 200 mile ride without any interstate.
    • I'm guessed there will be an excited little guy in WI this morning.
    • Oh, I got a survey from WW. They are not going to be excited about my reply.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

It's cooling off today in Las Vegas; should only get to 110. We're mostly indoors, anyway. We did get in 8 miles yesterday, in our ramblings. Today is our 37th anniversary. We hoped to go see Bruno Mars, but the cheap tickets would have cost us $1,200, so we passed.

It's been many years since I caught anything but trout. I might go fish for rock bass at the coast with our DDIL. She loves to fish, too (just one of her sterling qualities).
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary

Today this retired lady got up to an alarm. Need to get in a workout before spanish class.

I could go when Ron has his PT appointment but I like running the remote and watching TV he doest like.

I'm not a fisherman. At all. I think I have been once in my life.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Yes, Indiana has limits and size restrictions unless you’re fishing in your own lake or pond.

Gorgeous day here. Got home around 1:30. Put baby back ribs on the smoker. Made a new broccoli salad to go with it and soon I’ll whip up a jalapeño coleslaw.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Rita and Dave!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Kelly will you share the jalapeño slawvrecipe please... sounds good!