my main birthday present - i can't wait

Options
zebasschick
zebasschick Posts: 1,064 Member
edited June 13 in Social Groups
my birthday isn't till the 23rd, so i don't get it till then, but yesterday the holbein artist watercolor paints my husband will be giving me arrived. i picked the 14 colors, as none of the sets are what i was looking for, and i didn't want to double up on colors i had, so these are going to make for my perfect holbein set.

i have many other watercolor sets i've built over time, but these paints are very special.

i can't wait!!!!

Replies

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    It will be awesome! <3
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    sounds wonderful! Happy birthday to another Cancer baby!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited June 13
    Options
    Sounds so nice-new colors - new paints - 🩷💙🩵💙🩷 HAPPY UPCOMING BIRTHDAY 🎂🥳🌸

326sgh9lqguk.jpeg
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday for your upcoming birthday, great present
  • zebasschick
    Options
    thank you for your birthday wishes in advance.

oooh! i haven't heard of that blue before, so i found this:

this color's pigment number is PB86.

"In 2009, it was discovered by Professor Mas Subramanian and his graduate student, Andrew E. Smith.

They concluded that the increased UV absorbance and stability in outdoor weathering and heat buildup tests demonstrate that YInMn blue is superior to Cobalt Blue (CoAl2O4).

YInMn Blue, also known as Oregon Blue or Mas Blue. The pigment is based on an oxide made of Yttrium(Y), Indium (In), and Manganese (Mn). The YInMn name is just shorthand for that. It is also fairly easy to say ‘Yin-min’ Blue.

YInMn Blue is chemically stable, does not fade, and is non-toxic."

for the passionate watercolor and pigment nerds out there, like me, here's what jackson arts says
    https://www.jacksonsart.com/blog/2021/02/16/yinmn-blue-the-newest-blue-pigment/

it's crazy expensive, and i'm not sure any vegetarian friendly brands use it in their watercolors yet, but i can't wait to try it... someday.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    I’d be happy just to be able to paint something worthwhile. I took a watercolor class. Yikes. Zero talent.

Guess I’ll hang tight with my needlework. Although yarn in yin-min blue would be epic.

Happy birthday, Painterly Person!
  • springlering62
    Options
    And btw, if you want a good giggle, check out Reddit’s “Tragedeigh” subreddit.

“ Yttrium(Y), Indium (In), and Manganese (Mn)” would make excellent baby names on that thread.

I haven’t laughed like this in ages since discovering that thread.
  • LINIA
    Options
    They’re the same, the one I posted Patti and the one you found —- enjoyed reading the link u shared, so much info about blue. Can’t thank you enough.

@Spring “Reddit” Hope to find that group “Tragedeigh” ….someone on Reddit gave me a link to a bbc radio show that was hilariously funny & clever, will share here if can find.

mnlu2lrllu4j.jpeg
  • springlering62
    edited June 14
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »

@Spring “Reddit” Hope to find that group “Tragedeigh” ….someone on Reddit gave me a link to a bbc radio show that was hilariously funny & clever, will share here if can find.

[

My money is on one of these:
    No Such Thing As a Fish
    Sh*gged Married Annoyed
    My Therapist Ghosted Me
  • zebasschick
    Options
    I’d be happy just to be able to paint something worthwhile. I took a watercolor class. Yikes. Zero talent.

Guess I’ll hang tight with my needlework. Although yarn in yin-min blue would be epic.

Happy birthday, Painterly Person!

have you tried makoccino on youtube's oldest beginner lessons? i came from an oil painting background, and watercolors were NOT working for me, but her oldest lessons were very helpful, simple and let me create finished paintings.

thank you for the early birthday wishes, Spring!

btw, LOL @ My Therapist Ghosted Me

• mlujan8
    mlujan8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy early birthday! Mine is coming up on the 28th. June birthdays rock.
  • zebasschick
    Options
    i'm 5 days ahead of you on the 23rd! june birthdays are cool B)
  • LINIA
    Options
    🎊🍰🚀 Happy JUNE and Happy June Birthdays 🎂🍭🧜🏻‍♀️it’s been a hot one 😊😀🤩
  • zebasschick
    Options
    thank you, and happy birthday to all you other june birthday folks!

we had a nice, laid-pack family party on friday. my son baked me a cake, which was super because i have a bad wheat sensitivity, so he made it with spelt and my favorite cream cheese frosting...
  • LINIA
    Options
    it's amazing that your Son was able to do that 🎂🎂🎂 Just so lovely!

tj9shvmsvfuz.png
  • zebasschick
    Options
    just like so many, he got into making his own sourdough bread, pizza dough and cakes during the pandemic. he's gotten experimental and creates a lot of his own recipes, all delish.