Old Habits are Hard to Break!

Options
bronnyd
bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
I am having such a hard time giving up my dark chocolate after lunch. Right after I eat lunch I always like to have some organic 70% dark chocolate. It just seems to "complete" my lunch for some reason and I've gotten so used to it I am having a hard time stopping!

I might keep having a few squares after lunch. I did today and my total sugar intake for the day is still only at 35g right now (my goal is 50g).

What about you guys - any habits that you're having a hard time letting go of?

Replies

• fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    probably it all depends on the brand but I think it doesn't have any added sugar. I know, it's still chocolate ( a lot of fat) but ... if that's something that makes your day a bit brighter. Maybe just eating less or not every day. for a start.
    I eat it from time to time as a treat. or bake a banana with chocolate and crushed nuts.
    I think it's all about balance. You need to decide if you want to keep the chocolate in your diet and how often and how much of it. Maybe on days when you eat it make sacrifice on something else. And remember that your body needs nutrients.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am having such a hard time giving up my dark chocolate after lunch. Right after I eat lunch I always like to have some organic 70% dark chocolate. It just seems to "complete" my lunch for some reason and I've gotten so used to it I am having a hard time stopping!

I might keep having a few squares after lunch. I did today and my total sugar intake for the day is still only at 35g right now (my goal is 50g).

What about you guys - any habits that you're having a hard time letting go of?

Someone in the challenge mentioned having a frozen banana to crave her sweet tooth the other day and I have done that a couple times since then and I felt very satisfied.

But then again ... it brings my sugar count up ... and that's my problem, keeping my sugar below the 36g recommended.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Cocoa has some amazing health benefits that are blocked when it is processed into chocolate.
    http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cocoa-good-chocolate-bad/
    So, from time to time I add a tea-spoon of unsweetened baking cocoa to my oatmeal or heated berry and pecan dessert.