What are you Food / Meal Prepping this week?

Options
deskjockey925
deskjockey925 Posts: 4,971 Member
Hey everyone — please respond to share your food prepping tips & ideas. What’s on the menu this week? Don't hesitate to ask for recipes or advice for prepping, too!

...and here's a link to a free printable meal planner template ...
https://www.101planners.com/meal-plan-template/#Blank_Meal_Plan_Template

enlightenme3 shares ... "I've been using an app/website called CopyMeThat (https://copymethat.com/) that will do meal planning, shopping list creation, recipe curation/scaling, etc. It's free, but since I use it everyday, I went ahead and bought the lifetime premium version and gifted to my children as well.

Besides curating all the recipes I find on the internet (as well as some self-created ones), I often use it to type in an ingredient I need to use, plan a dinner menu (it also links to my calendar so I can see what I have planned for each day without going to the app), and create shopping lists based on the menu.

There is a community component, but just recipes - not discussions - of what others have saved to their recipe boxes.

Replies

• vtoria3
    vtoria3 Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 26
    Options
    On Sunday, I'm committed to preparing 2 meals with leftovers for the week, roasting some veggies for snacks, and making 1 large batch of homemade soup. I made the time to do that last Sunday, with great reluctance because of my client work commitments. But I did do it, and found it a huge advantage to have healthy foods ready and waiting for us all week when I was too busy and too tired to cook. The other 3 days will be salads with a protein. I'm going to try and do this weekly. One of the meals will be to roast a turkey breast; the other will be a new WW oven roasted fajita recipe. I'm still looking through my cookbooks to decide on a soup.

Here's a WW Chicken Marsala (5 ingredients, 15 minutes magazine) recipe that I made last week that turned out really well and was quick to make (sorry couldn't find a link for the exact recipe online). I really enjoyed the shitake mushrooms because they can be sliced really thin, retain their shape, and add a delicious flavor. My only substitution was to add 1-1/2 tsp cornstarch mixed with some cold water and 1 tsp. of chicken Better than Boullion.
    dv49r9lhumrm.jpg
  • Ange1icious
    Ange1icious Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I currently don't meal prep as such. I know basically what meals I will have during the week and shop for those ingredients and will cook what I feel like eating that day on the foods I have bought. The only time I know what I will have is if there are any leftovers from the previous night, I would have these for lunch the day after.

I think that I should really start to plan my meals and the tools above should really help me. I've installed the copy me that app and looked at the 101 planners website. Thank you for sharing your links @deskjockey925 🙂

The chicken marsala sounds delicious, I may have to give it a try @vtoria3 🙂
  • Neon_hippie
    Neon_hippie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I prepped a lot of roasted veg and made breakfast burritos (egg, cheese, veg in a high fiber wrap--freeze them eat thru-out the week). I will use some leftover vegetables to put into chicken quesadillas for dinner.

I made a low-sugar blueberry loaf that I eat as a snack. Cut into slices after cool, then freeze individually.

I also made some rice that I will use later in the week for stir-fry (it's better to make it and let it sit for a day or two) using leftover chicken from the above and carrots/onions/peas I have on hand in the fridge.