What's On Your Mind Today?

Options
deskjockey925
deskjockey925 Posts: 4,971 Member
wclmih5ueyzt.png

This space is the best place for you to ask questions or to share information that you want all members to see. It's a place where everyone can come back to for chats that will probably span more than one day. Maybe you want to share an interesting recipe, something you learned or realized, or ask for advice. Bookmark this announcement thread now! This will be one of the busiest spaces during the month....

Perhaps, there is a theme in the daily discussions that you'd like to continue chatting about over multiple days? 💡 Or you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and want to share it with the group? 🌟 Maybe you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to celebrate with the group? 🏆

Whatever you feel comfortable sharing or asking the group for help with -- this is your place. 😊

Why not bookmark this announcement so you get notifications when posts are added? See the FAQs area in the announcements to learn more about getting notifications...

Replies

• Lynne10010
    Lynne10010 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Does the calorie goal have to be the same for every day of the month? Is it OK to set a higher goal for a special occasion?
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,971 Member
    Options
    Lynne10010 wrote: »
    Does the calorie goal have to be the same for every day of the month? Is it OK to set a higher goal for a special occasion?

Hi Lynne, It is all up to you what your budget is for calories .. you are successful as long as you are within your planned budget. For some folks, it might be the same every day. For others, it might vary based on exercise, or other events.
  • kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to kicking off July in a positive way!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,255 Member
    Options
    So interesting @evileyefirefly — where did you have this done? 🤩
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    So interesting @evileyefirefly — where did you have this done? 🤩

Our local YMCA fitness center. This particular scan is the SECA machine, seems like a good way to check your baseline every few months and see progress or what you can work on.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,255 Member
    Options
    Thanks @evileyefirefly 😊
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've never been a morning person, but the past 6 months or so I find myself up by 7am on weekends. I'm currently the only being in the house awake at 0830...4 other humans, 3 dogs, and 2 cats all said nah. Is this what getting old is? 😆
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @evileyefirefly I am pushing 60 and get up everyday between 5:30-6am everyday. At first, I was shocked. Now I relish time to myself to reflect and plan my day. It also means I’m a party pooper and can’t stay up much past 11pm. I also had to give up alcohol to get a good sleep. For me, that’s the getting old part.
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,182 Member
    edited 6:47AM
    Options
    @evileyefirefly Maybe it's just that you're in better shape! I find that when I'm physically and mentally healthier, I tend to get up earlier. Also I've been meaning to say thanks for sharing your body scan results, that was interesting to me. I didn't realize they contain so much information. I hope you'll share your next body scan with us again, it'll be fun to see your progress :) And as far as your training plan goes, I like that you were smart enough to include rest days. I didn't know about rest days when I started exercising last year 🙈 so I had to learn the hard way!
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,182 Member
    Options
    @Ange1icious Thank you for sharing your photos from Wentworth Woodhouse estate 🤩 Lovely is the right word, what a gorgeous place to walk!